Skip to main content

Punch Needle, Fabric painting and Burda 3/08!

I started working on a new punch needle project last night while the Bald Man yelled at Microsoft for 5 hours about Vista.... It seems Vista has decided that it will not recognize my Pfaff card station USB device. It worked perfect for about 3 months, then all of a sudden... just stopped recognizing!!! I loaded my software on to an old lap top with XP and it worked.. so its not Pfaff.. Its that evil Vista!!
Anyways... this punch needle kitty appears to be peaking up out of a pocket. I want to make a felted purse with a pocket on the front and applique kitty peeking out the top. I'm going to Goodwill tomorrow with one of my 'sewing challenged' friends and hopefully will be able to find the right sweater to go with it.
I also worked on 4 dolls yesterday and will finish them up today!

Back in the day... early to mid nineties I was very much into fabric painting. I painted (mid nineties) this dress I wore to church for Easter. Its Noah's Ark and little painted animals... This was not a quick project! I used to paint and sell them to, along with other hand painted clothing.


Yes, painted all around the back of the skirt too...
I remembered this dress and got it out because I had found a link with some awesome fabric painting patterns like I used to use! Here's a link for one of their patterns... Snoozing Santa Moon .
I see fabric painting in my near future with patterns like these!
















This months Burda is full of great blouse/tops patterns, imo. I have picked out the above tops to make. They look quick, easy and flattering for my figure type.
Ofcourse wrap tops look good on many figure types... this is Wrap 107. The blouse/jacket with the zipper is 117. And the cute, super simple tunic is 111. I have to go through the stash and find the right fabric now!!! I'm hoping I can get them made in the next couple of weeks!!
I have also promised Bald Man a new shirt... and I really want to make more jeans... imagine that!

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...