Skip to main content

A Great Weekend!!!!

Well, last weekend we had so much fun! So let me tell ya about it! It started off with Friday night. We went to the Golden Shisha ... The Bald Man proudly wearing the much needed new shirt I made him! The Fabric was from Gail K's in Atl. (and I have enough left over for a handbag!)

I used the Islander pattern I always use for him... only took me like a day and a half to make it this time! Added a bible verse patch to the sleeve.. and check out the back... you see a good pic of the cheetah on it!





















Fitness and healthy eating plan... going very well. The pic on the right is me Friday June the 11th 2010! The pic on the right was me last summer June 6th 2009. 12 pounds heavier and a whole lot flabbier! And not near as healthy looking!!! The Bald Man even took last years pic from a down angle or else I would look bigger I'm sure!
This was one of the tops in the mighty 'to be altered' pile! Which I am still working on!



















Below is a picture of the lovely Mia, the bellydancer at the new and fabulous hookah cafe, The Golden Shisha here in Knoxville. I made this costume for another bellydancer about a year ago who proved to be a pain in the a** so I told her I wasn't making her a costume... I planned to put this on ebay since I didn't know anyone small enough to wear it around here... then I met Mia and she fits it perfect!!! Its made from an antique Indian sari I found at a thrift store in Atlanta. .. So there can never be another one!
So Friday night was fun!!!!


Now lets talk about Saturday!!! We went to Chattanooga to stay the night ... for this

The Battle at the River Body building, figure and bikini competition!!!!!

I had never been to any thing like this!

And honestly I went because I am thinking of training for the Bikini division of the competition.

Below is a pic of a womens figure category... such hard work goes into competing for something like this!

Even though I went to see the women compete I really really enjoyed the mens competition!!

Like I told Bald Man... its not because I think bodybuilders are hot (though some are) its because I am amazed at the way they transform their bodies into mountains!!!!
Seriously AMAZING!



The Bald Man did admit the mens competitions were way more entertaining.... the women just don't get the same amount of time to 'show off' and show their personalities.




Especially during the "pose offs" My favorite part!!!!! when the finalist try and out pose each other!!! so fun! You can imagine the whooping and hollering taking place here, it really revved up the guys!

The guy in the middle in the pic below is from Knoxville.... I could not stop staring at his legs!!!!

Crazy! There were actually alot of people competing from Knoxville.... I don't know where these people hang out cause I've never seen people like this here!


This guy below here was a Pro competitor.... all I can say is wow....




He was a special guest... he's from Whales and lives in Brentwood TN of all places!!! This was just a fun event and I can't wait to go to the next one... which is in August!!
And ofcourse after I talk to a trainer or two then I can decide if I might want to compete in the Bikini category... and what it will take to get me there! I don't know if I can do it... I've looked at a few pre contest plans here and there... they are sooooo intense! I keep thinking though... how amazing would I feel just to get to that point of fitness.


Sunday we went to one of our favorite restaurants 212 Market Street for an amazing brunch! Then to the Tennessee Aquarium!! We had a blast there too!


I especially loved the butterfly pavilion! and the seahorse exhibit!

Well, thats all for now! Hopefully I can finish up all the alterations and get to sewing something new soon!
I don't think this weekend will be as eventful but it will still be a blessed wonderful weekend...
Thanks and Praise to God!
Take care everyone and have a great weekend and week!
Free Signature Generator

Popular posts from this blog

Lots of new stuff!!

I LOVE this bag.... Its another Ellen Medlock pattern. Its called the Karma Bag! My mom and I both took a class at the sewing expo 2 yrs ago and made one... but I didn't like the fabric they gave us so I gave it away.... and after 2 yrs I finally get around to making another one... In fabric I do like! This is vintage fabric from the attic of my great aunt in Nashville.... Mildred. The inside is lined with some adorable Scottie dog fabric I bought at Jo anns .... left over scraps from a wrap I made my mom for Christmas one year. The EXTRA awesome thing about this bag is its exchangeable because of the way the hardware is made.... just twist off two of the little tips... slide this purse off another on... twist caps on and you're off with a different bag! Now I gotta make some different bags to go with this! Which should help my ailing purse wardrobe.... cause I really love this bag! My B-day was last month (big 36!) and this is what mom gave me.... An adorable and much ne

Just alittle hoop action

I think I'm getting better! hmmmm... I've got enough bruises from the hoop I should be better! I still can't hoop on my chest for long... and there's a good reason for that! lol!!!

New Donkey milk soap!

A new soap coming soon! This is Rosemary Lavender Donkey milk soap! Made with therapeutic essential oils, and premium ingredients like grape seed and sunflower oil! Purifying Clay and minerals give added benefits and pretty colors! I’ve been making homemade soap for several years now. I’ve always used the cold process method but after much research decided to try the hot process method. Mostly because with it I don’t add my milk until the end after the soap is cooling, the ph is balanced and the chemical lye is gone. Leaving behind correct ph pure soap.. which I then add my precious and highly skin beneficial donkey milk too. Looking forward to trying it and seeing it there is a significant difference!!  On the crochet front.. I’m pretty much crocheting everyday again now that I’ve decluttered all that fiber!!  So now I’m trying to get a handle on my supplies and organize.  I love being organized!! I’m not one of those people who can stash yarn in plastic tubs or under the bed! I’ll fo