Skip to main content

Gardens, Costumes and a sad swap

Lovely, beautiful... ahhh, yes... my garden is finally done!!!! After much drama with landscapers... I have a gorgeous garden!!!

And below, all sweaty and dirtier than I've ever seen him, is the wonderful Bald Man who thought up the landscape plan... dealt with the hateful "I'm retiring in 2 weeks!" landscaper...
and he even put in a soaker hose watering system!




Yep, I sure do love my man!






Wasn't it nice of the landscaper to leave ALL this compost all over my back yard... a pile of it! What a mess!
But, Bald Man is shoveling it up so Brian can put it on the little garden spot up front and so I can use it for more garden projects I have in mind!
So its all good!!





Here's a not so happy moment... remember on Swap-bot.com
how much fun I had when I received my swap??? Jackie went through so much trouble to make sure I had things I would like...
the black poodle beanie baby (y'all know I love my poodle babies)
sparkly rhinestones I can use for costumes, a pack of pins (cause you know I sew, right?) You get the point... she did good...
This swap to the right here was so disappointing... 2 cards, some non- sparkly black beads, a couple of pieces of cut plain ribbon....
I see now why so many people have complained about stuff they receive.... this was a very sad little swap indeed!

But now back to happy times.... Here's me this last weekend at Mirage in a costume I made last year.

Also this last weekend...
me and drummer Tony! We had fun!!
I'm wearing the "Kiss Kiss" costume I made a couple weeks ago... Love it!












Now check this hot lady out, its Rach!... the costume to the left is one I made some time ago and sold to her yesterday! I like it on her better than me! You've heard No one looks better in green than a red head, right? Just look! Its true!




And ofcourse to the left is her mini skirt costume I made during the costume crunch! I LOVE IT!
She was sweet enough to give me the left over polka dot fabric too!
Yay!!! Cause I can never have to much fabric... and polka dots are so fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Lots of new stuff!!

I LOVE this bag.... Its another Ellen Medlock pattern. Its called the Karma Bag! My mom and I both took a class at the sewing expo 2 yrs ago and made one... but I didn't like the fabric they gave us so I gave it away.... and after 2 yrs I finally get around to making another one... In fabric I do like! This is vintage fabric from the attic of my great aunt in Nashville.... Mildred. The inside is lined with some adorable Scottie dog fabric I bought at Jo anns .... left over scraps from a wrap I made my mom for Christmas one year. The EXTRA awesome thing about this bag is its exchangeable because of the way the hardware is made.... just twist off two of the little tips... slide this purse off another on... twist caps on and you're off with a different bag! Now I gotta make some different bags to go with this! Which should help my ailing purse wardrobe.... cause I really love this bag! My B-day was last month (big 36!) and this is what mom gave me.... An adorable and much ne

Just alittle hoop action

I think I'm getting better! hmmmm... I've got enough bruises from the hoop I should be better! I still can't hoop on my chest for long... and there's a good reason for that! lol!!!

New Donkey milk soap!

A new soap coming soon! This is Rosemary Lavender Donkey milk soap! Made with therapeutic essential oils, and premium ingredients like grape seed and sunflower oil! Purifying Clay and minerals give added benefits and pretty colors! I’ve been making homemade soap for several years now. I’ve always used the cold process method but after much research decided to try the hot process method. Mostly because with it I don’t add my milk until the end after the soap is cooling, the ph is balanced and the chemical lye is gone. Leaving behind correct ph pure soap.. which I then add my precious and highly skin beneficial donkey milk too. Looking forward to trying it and seeing it there is a significant difference!!  On the crochet front.. I’m pretty much crocheting everyday again now that I’ve decluttered all that fiber!!  So now I’m trying to get a handle on my supplies and organize.  I love being organized!! I’m not one of those people who can stash yarn in plastic tubs or under the bed! I’ll fo