Skip to main content

Whats been keeping me away?????

Oh, how I love spring!!!!! But its been such a crazy busy time with The Bald Mans new business, cooking ALL the time, putting the embroidery machine to use, sewing, crocheting and more sewing
Now the BIG project I talked about before has been done for about 2 weeks... Its all started with
a Roberto Cavalli dress I saw in WWD last fall. Inspiration!!! YES!!!! I found a similar pattern V8636, then splurged on Pfaffs Magnificent Floral embroidery CD.
I made the dress (fitting nightmare in the bust!!!) then embroidered all the applique flower petals, leaves, vines and buds on organza....
Put them all together on the side skirt of the dress.... and then hand beaded the empire waistline... also later I went back and hand beaded the trim all the way around the very plunged neckline! The ends of the sash have hand beaded fringe with tiny crosses.

I also sparingly scattered swarovski 2mm amethyst crystals to the flower.
I just love it... its better than I had imagined in my head.... I've yet to wear it! But I can't wait!!!
It was a challenge... time consuming and worth it!



Here's the purse... To cute!! and all it can carry is a lipstick and a credit card!! lol!!


Here's one of the many tops I've made this spring... its my favorite though! Its a Anna Sui Vogue pattern. I made a full bust adjustment..






Used a chiffon fabric and instead of a pre made ribbon for the trim I made this trim out of some silk snow leopard print fabric.




I can't resist showing y'all my garden.... its out of control, I've run out of room and I've taken over the deck with my plants too!

Here's lettuce, peppers, basil, kale, french sorrel and citronella

More citronella, lemon verbena, bay plant and more seedlings coming!





My giant Zucchini plant!




My garden is growing SOOOOO well with all the rain God has sent us this spring...


I even pet sit for my sons friend one day last week... This is Max... isn't he ADORABLE!

Well... off to cook dinner!
Coming up projects.... more embroidery projects I've worked on, another draped dress and top, The Bald Mans new shirt and a new crochet top finished!

Popular posts from this blog

Lots of new stuff!!

I LOVE this bag.... Its another Ellen Medlock pattern. Its called the Karma Bag! My mom and I both took a class at the sewing expo 2 yrs ago and made one... but I didn't like the fabric they gave us so I gave it away.... and after 2 yrs I finally get around to making another one... In fabric I do like! This is vintage fabric from the attic of my great aunt in Nashville.... Mildred. The inside is lined with some adorable Scottie dog fabric I bought at Jo anns .... left over scraps from a wrap I made my mom for Christmas one year. The EXTRA awesome thing about this bag is its exchangeable because of the way the hardware is made.... just twist off two of the little tips... slide this purse off another on... twist caps on and you're off with a different bag! Now I gotta make some different bags to go with this! Which should help my ailing purse wardrobe.... cause I really love this bag! My B-day was last month (big 36!) and this is what mom gave me.... An adorable and much ne

Just alittle hoop action

I think I'm getting better! hmmmm... I've got enough bruises from the hoop I should be better! I still can't hoop on my chest for long... and there's a good reason for that! lol!!!

New Donkey milk soap!

A new soap coming soon! This is Rosemary Lavender Donkey milk soap! Made with therapeutic essential oils, and premium ingredients like grape seed and sunflower oil! Purifying Clay and minerals give added benefits and pretty colors! I’ve been making homemade soap for several years now. I’ve always used the cold process method but after much research decided to try the hot process method. Mostly because with it I don’t add my milk until the end after the soap is cooling, the ph is balanced and the chemical lye is gone. Leaving behind correct ph pure soap.. which I then add my precious and highly skin beneficial donkey milk too. Looking forward to trying it and seeing it there is a significant difference!!  On the crochet front.. I’m pretty much crocheting everyday again now that I’ve decluttered all that fiber!!  So now I’m trying to get a handle on my supplies and organize.  I love being organized!! I’m not one of those people who can stash yarn in plastic tubs or under the bed! I’ll fo