Skip to main content

Zebra Jeans!


The "Zebra Jeans" ! I actually finished these last weekend. I am just now getting around to posting them.
Anyways... I used a 8 oz. stretch denim from fabric.com.
I'm not thrilled with the quality and think the denim will loose shape... which we all know happens with poor quality stretch denim... and honestly some higher stuff too.
I took some extra care in making these stretch jeans, and hopefully it will safe guard against... saggy butt jeans... saggy crotch and stretched out waist jeans.
After getting the crotch and back fitted the way I want I took hem tape and sewed it down to the front and back seams... I think I remember getting the tip from the Zapp Method book.
Then I sewed the hem tape down around the waist band too.
Here's to hoping they stay in shape... cause they're really cute and took along time to make!


Check out my side detail... cute, cute!!! The pattern from these jeans were copied from a pair of my RTW.
On the rtw pair there is a leather strip down the side.
No yoke and they have patch pockets... which I've said many times I love!!
The back pockets were copied from a different pair of rtw.
And I trimmed one pocket and appliqued the other.. and used my new sergers chain stitch with a 2 thread overlock narrow using a thick white rayon thread for trimming the pockets.


I wore this out Saturday night... I actually made this outfit last Oct. before I was blogging.
The bolero was from a Mccalls pattern... the pants were BWOF. The shirt is rtw... and I love it and plan to copy it before I completely wear it out!







Here is my little couch needle punch/knitting corner... my dogs like to hang out with me while I work on stuff . You see the routine has been disturbed though... Prada has decided she is tired of staying upstairs... poodles or not!
So here she is stalking the poodles, determined to show them who's boss and that she also rules the down stairs...
And now she does... the poodles what no part of the hissing, arching Prada... once they realized she is in charge.. they get along fairly well now.

Popular posts from this blog

Lots of new stuff!!

I LOVE this bag.... Its another Ellen Medlock pattern. Its called the Karma Bag! My mom and I both took a class at the sewing expo 2 yrs ago and made one... but I didn't like the fabric they gave us so I gave it away.... and after 2 yrs I finally get around to making another one... In fabric I do like! This is vintage fabric from the attic of my great aunt in Nashville.... Mildred. The inside is lined with some adorable Scottie dog fabric I bought at Jo anns .... left over scraps from a wrap I made my mom for Christmas one year. The EXTRA awesome thing about this bag is its exchangeable because of the way the hardware is made.... just twist off two of the little tips... slide this purse off another on... twist caps on and you're off with a different bag! Now I gotta make some different bags to go with this! Which should help my ailing purse wardrobe.... cause I really love this bag! My B-day was last month (big 36!) and this is what mom gave me.... An adorable and much ne

Just alittle hoop action

I think I'm getting better! hmmmm... I've got enough bruises from the hoop I should be better! I still can't hoop on my chest for long... and there's a good reason for that! lol!!!

New Donkey milk soap!

A new soap coming soon! This is Rosemary Lavender Donkey milk soap! Made with therapeutic essential oils, and premium ingredients like grape seed and sunflower oil! Purifying Clay and minerals give added benefits and pretty colors! I’ve been making homemade soap for several years now. I’ve always used the cold process method but after much research decided to try the hot process method. Mostly because with it I don’t add my milk until the end after the soap is cooling, the ph is balanced and the chemical lye is gone. Leaving behind correct ph pure soap.. which I then add my precious and highly skin beneficial donkey milk too. Looking forward to trying it and seeing it there is a significant difference!!  On the crochet front.. I’m pretty much crocheting everyday again now that I’ve decluttered all that fiber!!  So now I’m trying to get a handle on my supplies and organize.  I love being organized!! I’m not one of those people who can stash yarn in plastic tubs or under the bed! I’ll fo