Skip to main content

A colorful inspired Icelandic roving from my favorite girl😁

Wow! Is all I can say about this roving I just got back from the mill!
Solid black can be a bit boring for a spinning who doesn’t want to blend her own fiber so I thought I’d add some color to Blackberrys fall wool.
I got the inspiration from this picture taken in the fall. The mauve wildflower above her and the yellow/greens of the front flowers just looked so striking against her jet black color.
After seeing the picture I immediately contacted my favorite dyer to get her to do some bamboo in mauve and yellow/green. I worked up a sample and loved it! 

Despite wanting to hoard it all I will be selling some in my Etsy shop 😁 

I also received some gorgeous, fluffy Jacobs and alpaca.. what a fun blend to spin!!! 

The color is mostly brown but touches of black and white peek out! It would make the most lovely hat and gloves. Or a rustic style cardigan!!! 

I love fiber... it’s filled with possibilities 💕🐑🐑



Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

A Little Break... Back to Work!!!

My Bald Man and I took a little trip on the holiday weekend to Tellico Plains.. now growing up in Athens, TN I have been to the falls and river up there often.. but Bald Man, after living in TN for over 20 yrs had never been!!! Ofcourse we had to take Pac, he loves a good road trip! This is at the overlook going up to Indian Boundary Lake ... Down by Tellico river... Bald Man just had to 'test' the water and see how cold it was... yeah.. its pretty cold,,, mountain rivers typically are. Bald River Falls.... I am the first to admit we do not take advantage of living so close to such a beautiful area... many beautiful natural areas are so close to us ! I mean, in K town... we are so close to the Smokies,,, not far from lots of North Carolina mountain lakes.... we really should get out more and explore close to home. I used to enjoy hiking a bit... but after almost stepping right on a huge copper head up in Coker Creek I stopped... that was 16 yrs ago. I think it may be time to...