Skip to main content

ITS OURS!!!!!!!! and other goodies....

The Bald Man and me... out on the town doing a little celebrating! Nights out in Knoxville will be fewer and farther between... and I'll tell you why in a second... First.... I've been crocheting my little hands to the bone.. but with most of the things I've been crocheting are gifts I can't show till after Christmas... But heres a couple of doilies I've done for myself in between presents...
A pineapple doily... I love doilies, they look so elegant and old fashion...

I've been sewing some... again just gifts that can't be shown yet....
But in the kitchen today I roasted a big 'Cinderella' pie pumpkin and made this Pumpkin Chutney... turned out yummy!!! I used a recipe found on Putting up with the Turnbills blog.. you can find their site on the side bar of links I have.


And Pumpkin pie!!! I love real homemade pumpkin pie!!!! And I have so much pumpkin puree leftover I can foresee pumpkin breads, muffins and cookies,, maybe a soup in the next week!



NOW!!! For the BIG NEWS!!! ITS OURS! The land we've been after for months ....
Which will be home to our huge gardens, chickens, goats, ducks... etc!

Its 25 acres in McMinn county (where I'm originally from) this land has everything we were looking for... a creek, woods and pasture... and lots of "extras"...some hills and some flat... there is a double wide on the property now that after we fix it up we will live in until we sell our Knoxville house, then build our little farm house!!


The creek has 2 springs feeding it... heres one of them... just coming right out of the hillside...







The creek is year around which makes it perfect for building ponds that will grow lots of yummy catfish, bluegill and bass!







Future pasture for some of the animals we will have! And a future site for a barn and chicken coop






It has a very nice workshop with electric.... perfect for my workout equipment until we can build a house







This whole area will be a vegetable garden...




Blueberry bushes, gooseberries, blackberries.... plenty of room...








The creek runs through a natural gorge which will make building a very large pond easier.







Its really has everything we were looking for!!! The doublewide is a bonus! and will be great temporary living space until we sell the knox house... which we know in this economy could be awhile... meanwhile... we'll be having barns and fencing built! There's even room for a little fruit orchard! Can't wait to set that up!
We looked at over 30 properties... some raw land that we would have had to spend money on running electric and doing septic systems, digging wells, making driveways.. money that can be used for building up the farm... not with this property... all done...
we also looked at lots of property that had 80 and 100 year old homes that would have had to be gutted! Which would have put us in a bind because remodeling costs a ton and we maybe would have never got the house "right" like so many I've known with fixer uppers....
But like I said... its everything we needed... everything we were looking for. We were so blessed to find the right one that would meet all our needs for building our future farm.
And for a price that was lower than we ever dreamed we would get land for... esp land with so many extras... so so so blessed!!!!
My Bald Man is doing a blog about our "journey" check it out... he's such a funny guy!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...