Skip to main content

A GREAT CHRISTMAS! Part 1

Enjoying one of my favorite presents from Bald Man.. a bolt action .22! Since I've not shot a gun in YEARS this is a perfect gun to start with! Great present!!!
Well, we have been really busy this holiday season... not busy cooking, going to parties, shopping, visiting like most people.. but busy packing... having people lined up to work on our land and the double wide... finding people who can build pole barns, chicken coops, rabbit cages... looking for rabbit breeding stock, visiting the lady I want to buy my dairy goats from, researching the best meat chickens... best layers.... reading, reading, reading all about dairy goats and planning our huge garden!!!!! Patiently awaiting seed catalogs in the mail... drawing out garden plots on the property... drawing out plans for the major kitchen remodel (I gotta have a good kitchen!) and so on and so on!!!

Christmas Eve we kinda took a break from all that and went to my moms for lunch and to open presents... One of my other favorite presents this year was this quilt mom gave me... isn't it soooo pretty!!! Looks like stained glass windows! Yet another fav present was made by my dad... a wooden goat feeder... I'll add a pic of that in my next Christmas post... cause I gotta make two this year! Here's an afghan I crocheted for mom... she liked it so much I even got to take her pic with it... taking pictures of mom is risky business... if you take pictures of her without her permission she won't get you anything for Christmas next year... or birthdays either! Seriously!!!

My son, Brian, sitting by the cable 'yule log' we all laugh at! haha!!


I always try to make Brian something every year... and that can be a challenge with him being a hateful teenager that only likes guitars and his truck. But I made him this T-shirt quilt from a collection of T-shirts his dad bought him from his 'worldly' travels. And he seemed to really love it!
He better... it took so long to make!!! Its looks simple... and it was... just very time consuming!



After we opened presents Christmas eve, we stopped by my Grandmothers then headed out to our farm to be for TARGET PRACTICE! I really liked shooting my little 22! I'm ready for something bigger though.... and a crossbow would be nice...
I think someday I may have as many guns as I do sewing machines!


More later on the stuff I made Bald Man... he was very happy this year!!!


God Bless!! and Praise Him for our Savior! "the reason for the season!!!!"

We have been greatly blessed this year and this Christmas!

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...