Skip to main content

Summer garden, summer sewing, summer FUN!

Been way to busy to post lately! I barely even check my emails!!!! The garden was in full producing swing a couple of weeks ago and is now starting to play out... and its very sad..... cause I love days when I gather this much food from our little backyard homestead!
I'm especially proud of the cantaloupe!
On the sewing side of things I've been doing mostly embroidery stuff, remaking clothes from thrift stores and such.
But I did make this blue camo handbag/tote... and its my new favorite bag!
Its made from a vintage McCalls 7270...
The complete outside has pockets all around it....

and so does the inside!!! So many pockets! I can carry everything in here! Its actually a reversible bag but I used puppy fabric inside so I probably won't reverse it... maybe if I'm feeling silly.

I used large grommets and glamour rings to hardware it up!



I adore it.... and must make another one!




Like I said before I've been doing tons of embroidery and refashions! These were high waisted skinny jeans.... I cropped them, added a cute brocade to the bottom when I roll them up... took off the waist band, took them in about 2 in. and added this embroidery design from Asian Fusion by Anita Goodesign.







A little t shirt I got from a thrift store for a $1 and appliqued a heart onto... I made a matching bolero too.
btw.... my healthy fitness plan and whole foods diet have still been giving me great results!



If I showed you all , ALL the embroidery I've done lately you would be so bored with my blog by now,... so moving on!

The Bald Mans new shirt..... cause I love my Bald Man, I must take time to make him nice stuff too....


This fabric was to busy for much embroidery but I have to add alittle bit some where...
Makes the shirt so much more unique.... much like the Bald Man!!




For more fun..... Bald Man took me and my teenage niece Brittany to the 7 dust, 10 years, Shinedown, Puddle of Mudd and Chevelle concert....

Puddle of Mudd in this pic... they were good, but the lead singer really needed to clean up his mouth a bit.... no need to use the f word THAT much! Just sing and preform for us!!



Chevelle, this was the second time I've saw them... Love them! Love their music and they don't talk to much... they play!!! There can't possibly be 3 louder guys in the world though!!!




Here's a little video from the head lining act.. Shinedown.... singing 45, Love the song... these guys put on a good show.... BUT the lead singer talked to much






All in All.... we're having a great summer! Hope you are too!
God Bless!!!!!!






Free Signature Generator

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...