Skip to main content

Wardrobe Basics and the Garden out of control!

We planned carefully this year... not wanting to crowd any of our plants... but we still have an jungle instead of a garden!! haha!! Its just a tiny garden space... but do we ever get the most out of it! Just check my Bald Man out with his sweet corn he loves so much!





Yellow squash and zucchini are abundant! My pepper plants are doing well... and Bald Man's roma tomato plant is loaded... and I have quite a few heirlooms waiting to ripen ... which I'm excited about!







We also have snow peas ready to eat! And in the works... eggplant, acorn squash, spaghetti squash, cantaloupe and so much more! I'm gonna need to hit the vegan and vegetarian web sites for some veggies recipes!

As for the sewing I've been doing... all basic stuff.... like these shorts below...
I'm working on re doing my favorite shorts patterns because my booty is higher (and firmer) than it was and my pattern no longer works!

The bottom pair was the first wearable muslin I did... not perfect yet... still working! As you can see...



Though not the perfect fit I'm wearing them anyways here... with the new tank top I made (yes! more pink camo clothes!!) And this little vest I made.... The fabric is a bridal embroidery type... I saw a similar one in a fashion mag but it was long and a bit more dressy... my version is short and sweet... more casual but could be dressy up.

Another easy one shoulder tank... made in less than an hour.... both of these tops are knit fabrics...
And a chiffon, animal print tunic. I used my felting machine to dis stress this fabric which made the animal print much brighter and ofcourse gave it a really cool texture detail... that you can't see in the photo... I added some lace to the neckline... another cute detail you can't really see.. sorry!
Well thats about it... I have some embroidery projects I really wanna get to soon! I'm still working out and my body is still changing with the workouts so I'm really trying not to sew very many clothes... unless its knits or something easy to alter! Like shorts!
I've actually bumped my cardio up to 6 days a week... along with my weights 4 days. The new workout I'm doing, which is in last issue of Fitness rx, is awesome and I'm responding very well to it!
God bless and HAPPY 4th!!!! Have a safe wonderful holiday!
Free Signature Generator

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...