Skip to main content

Double Chocolate Mocha Zucchini Brownie Cups

With the ABUNDANCE of squash and zucchini in our garden right now I have been coming up with some creative ways of eating them.... I've made baked zucchini fries (yum!) and a zucchini crisp several times so I decided today I needed to make something different... The thing is it still has to fit into my healthy eating menu so I re did my Zucchini Brownie recipe from last year... which had alot more carbs and a bit more fat! Healthy fats,.. but still!

Double Chocolate Mocha Zucchini Brownie Cups 
2oz. unsweetened dark chocolate or cacao
1 egg
1/2 cup agave nectar (i use the dark raw kind)
1/4 fresh brewed espresso
2 cups of oat flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups shredded zucchini
1/3 cup walnuts
Pre heat oven at 350F. Mix all ingredients. I used my cupcake pans with liners for these. makes for easier clean up and I know exactly what I'm getting! I use an ice cream scoop and only 1 scoop per cup. Bake for about 15 min.
This recipe makes 30 cupcakes.
Calories 89, Fat 4, Carbs 12, Protein 3

These are the perfect size for a snack or small dessert. Most perfect with 2 TBS of Fat free whip cream. They are not super sweet (cause I just don't care for overly sweet stuff) but it you do you may want to add 1/2 cup of another sweetener. I guess useing the oat flour makes these gluten free too!

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...