Skip to main content

Brit's 1st Prom... my new HOT dress!!!

Last Friday was my niece Britney's prom... here she is with her date... love the posing...
They do look cute... she said they were the best looking couple there... I know, so modest! She must get that from me!! lol!!! I always say... if you look good... "own it!" but if you don't... gotta own that too!(and better do something about it!!)
There's more pics on my mom's blog http://cottonpatchquilts.blogspot.com/

Here she is before the prom. I did her hair and make-up... which I do think she was kinda shocked it turned out good... ha! I've been trying to tell her for years she could learn a thing from her Aunt Ang! I believe in the power of make-up! I mean... I even went to school for it!



Ok.... sewing projects now.... There are quite a few pics of me in this white dress.... Because I LOVE it!!!!
In a fashion magazine (I can't remember which one cause I read them all) there was a photo shoot titled "White is the new Black for summer"
Along with cut outs being so hot this summer... I came up with this..... fabric is from the way over priced, but fabulous Rex's in Miami.


I am not naked under it!!! I underlined it with a nude spandex.











I love this dress... I love wearing white! I didn't make this tight fitting since the illusion of 'skin' was enough 'sexy' for me on this dress... The Bald Man was disappointed when I showed him the dress but then told him it was not form fitting....that made me mad.... then when he saw it on me... he changed his mine and said" wow, thats sexy but classy too!"
wow, Bald Man.... I must know what I'm doing!! haha!! Men!!





Here's a pic in my burgundy shorts... made the week before... along with an old tank top I added studs too (and need to add a few more) and the denim jacket I showed with the embroidery I added in a previous post.





This week I have been working on a long boyfriend jacket.. and have cut out a pair of shorts.
I'm also planning another white dress I think....
Take care and God Bless!!! Have a great weekend!!!
Here in TN we are supposed to get some thunderstorms... which is fine and saves me from watering my garden... just as long as there are no tornadoes attached to them!
Also coming up..... I have a give away to do soon.....
Free Signature Generator

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...