Skip to main content

Pretty Tunic and Panama Purse

Here is the tunic I made a couple of weeks ago....
I took an extra couple of inches off the sides to give a better fit since I don't like super loose tunics. Believe it or not this is not embroidery.... its a decorative stitch on my Pfaff machine!!! One of the "maxi stitches"!! Love it!!


On the cuff too....


This is an Ellen Medlock pattern... I love a messenger bag for everyday use. Its perfect for everything I carry, plenty of room for extra pockets and big enough for a book (in case I'm waiting on my son to get done with one of his lessons)
I used a faux leather type fabric, appliqued on a Mola' I bought in Panama....



And lined it in a fabric covered in hearts!!! lol!!! Hey.. it was close to Valentines day when I was making it!



On the embroidery machine I'm working on a wool navy coat I bought at a thrift store... I've had it for awhile but couldn't figure out exactly how to re make it.
Then I saw this in a Jenny Haskins magazine and knew... thats the direction I'm going with the coat!


Picked out my designs... and the lining in the coat..... here's what I have done so far....




I can't wait to get it done.... I'm in need of another warm coat since this year has been so cold!

No other sewing lately.... I've been working on organizing the house... mainly the kitchen, laundry room and my 3 sewing rooms!
Then I plan to re decorate my bed room and kitchen... oh and organize the office (yuk!)
I do hope to squeeze in some sewing in between.
And still working on my style and coloring project... its really so fun!!! I'm making more progress!! More on that later.

Free Signature Generator

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...