Skip to main content

Faye's month of tops sew-a-long

V8534 Making View C.. in lace and black knit. Never made this one before but it looks super simple.

S3634 Making the long sleeve view here...multi color stretch knit and I want to make it in a plain purple knit too. I've made this top countless times! I love it! Def one of my TNT patterns.

M5709 I loved making this top! I think it will be a nice dressy 'out to dinner top' in this dark pink and black knit with sparkles!

Faye over at Faye's sewing adventures (her site is listed on my blog roll) has a month of tops sew along going on! Inspired by her speed sewing of tops last November! I'm know I will not be able to make as many as she did but its sure put my butt in gear to sew up some much needed tops for the colder months to come. So far here are 3 of my future tops... Being cut out right now!! I love simple comfy knits tops for winter... Plus this should make a dent in my stash! (which is important because we're going to Atlanta for Thanksgiving and New Years... you know what that means.. Gail K's!!!)

I have 6 tops in all picked out to make this month plus 3 long simple full skirts to go with them... I'm in much need of long skirts also! More on that later! All of them are simple, most I've made before... so hopefully I can get it done.. atlest the tops!

-- Sent from my Palm Prē

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...