Skip to main content

Catching up! V8353

As you all can see I've been messing around with my blog templete and such..... and lost my blog roll!!!! amoung other things!!! I'll get all put back together though... I think this templete is cute though... love purple!
I made and took pics of this dress about 2 months ago! I'm so far behind on blogging its ridiculous!!! But here is V8353. A simple yet time consuming dress... time consuming because all around the waist are pleats! And I mean ALL around! Made from a beautiful stretch woven, black with lilac polka dots (wal mart $3 yd!!!! and this is nice stuff!!!)... and the lining/contrast fabric is a lilac linen (from moms stash! Free!!! whoohoo!)
It completely opens in the front with buttons. I love full dress skirt like this.

To go with it... I made a necklace and a bracelet....using strips or a floral chiffon (wal mart) velvet and organza ribbon.... topped off with swarovski AB crystals and a cross charm on the necklace.




One of my 'goals' this year was to learn to paint on silk.... it was replaced with learn to make cool (trendy even!) jewelry! My jewelry wardrobe was getting kinda sad and old... I'm a lover of costume/trendy stuff... but the jewelry I was wanting was as expensive as if it had 'real' stones and precious metals.... so I've learned to make my own (yes knock off my own!!!lol!!!) jewelry.
Tip: If you've not been...Micheals Craft store makes it soooooo easy to make on trend jewelry check out their new beads section... Its amazing!!!
Halloween pics coming soon...
Free Signature Generator

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...