Skip to main content

New Look New Top.... on the list

I made this yesterday morning. Its NL6179 very easy to make! I whipped this up in about an hour. The view for this sleeve length shows an elastic edge which I left off.... puffy sleeves do nothing for a 35 year old with chubby arms!
I added some white lace to the slit. The fabric is a wonderful lite weight stretch woven, with a distressed look... little rips all over! I bought it at Gail K's last year. It has a draw string around the neck line. I used some yarn and added some beads to the ends.

Up and coming projects....

This pattern, B5357, is similar to the NL pattern above, but it is a more sexy 'off the shoulder' look! I making the view with the panel in the center front.... I know in this pic it looks like these fabrics don't match but they do! I promise!

And actually this top is almost done!

Another dress from Panama fabric!! with V8489.... all cut out and ready to sew! I will be adding some twists to this...

And my fall purse.... The Ruffled tote by Hotpatterns... I got this pattern when it was free on their web site to download! The main fabric will be the black corduroy and the lining the blue corduroy.
I really hate making purses... but I want the purses!!!!



One last look at Dixie with her puppy ears.... tomorrow is the day, of the beginning, of the really hard part of raising a doberman puppy.... the ear crop!!!!!!!!!!
She is almost house trained... she already knows to sit when told and when her food or water is brought out, she walks on a lesh very well..... create training????? yeah, there's alot of work there still!!!! and now the crop! whew!

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...