Skip to main content

Draping Projects and Back yard goodies

I love this summer fabric my mom got me at a sale somewhere!... huge tropical flowers, gold fish.. perfect summery jersey fabric!
I made this by draping on my dress form. Its actually 2 pieces. The top is separate from the dress. Back view... I also used this beautiful red/orange netting to accent the dress.
Below...This fabric was left over from a bellydance costume I made a client. Again made by draping. Darts give it just enough shape... I didn't want a super tight look.
I LOVE to experiment with draping!! Its so fun and makes me feel extra creative..
I also made the necklace I'm wearing... its braided fabric strips, beaded with black and clear crystal beads and a silver cross... and I need a close up of it!


Backyard Bounties!!!!
Check out my Purple Bell Pepper!!!! Its my first pepper of the season.


Scallop squash.. I have so much (anyone know any good recipes???)... MORE zucchini! and MORE cucumbers!..





My 2 little blue berry bushes even gave up a bowl of berries! There were more but I ate them as I picked! heehee



Puppy Update.... Dixie and 2-Pac are best buds now!! Check Dixie out after a play session..
so precious.....










Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...