Skip to main content

New Projects and my new friend!

Let me introduce you to my lovely TacSew blind stitch machine....
He makes completely invisible hems!!!!! I've even used a different color thread than what I was hemming and you can't see the tiny hem at all! Its amazing!
I've actually had this baby for about 2 months now. I used it on my skirt in the last post, Bald Mans slacks and blazer! Its crazy fast!
I admit to really wanting this machine after reading this article by the Sewing Divas..
How could you not want it after that! Plus I always hated the blind hem stitching a regular machine does....
I researched out what kind I wanted... and TacSew had the best reviews... and what do you know... the exact machine I wanted my machine dealer carried!!! YES!
Its not complicated to thread... not complicated to adjust... and if I did have any problems my machine dealer knows all about this machine.. so I would have help.
The hardest thing about it is getting used to how fast it is. Its much faster than my serger or my coverstitch... It reminds me of the super fast machines I used to run years and years ago in the sewing factory I worked at one summer.
I highly recommend this machine if your looking for a new friend to add to the sewing room!

Projects!!!! I finished alot this week! I made 4 shirts!!! Not complicated shirts... but still!

I really have a ton I've made I need to post... I'll get the Bald Man to do a 'photo shoot' soon. And I need pics of him in his blazer too!

Anyways... next projects...

WIP! This outfit is alittle wild... I made the skirt last year from a BWOF but never really liked anything I had to go with it... and didn't like any fabric I had for it...
This fabric was left over from a costume I made a client last year... I love it with the skirt!
The top is draped, no where near done and completely pinned right now!
Below here... a leather skirt is being refashioned into a simple purse...



Here.. some super cute Mickey Mouse fabric paired with a gorgeous marbled fabric.... all cut out and going to be a tote bag!

Crocheting is going pretty slow lately... not because I'm not crocheting... because the 2 projects I'm working out are spring tops and taking forever!!!



Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...