Skip to main content

A spring/summer outfit! Finally!!!

Yes! I finally got to wear one of my spring/summer outfits!!!! I have had this finished for 2 weeks now but it kept turning off to cool in the evening to wear it.

This is how it was made:
I used no pattern.
The top is a very simple chiffon top I draped but I did use french seams! Thank goodness there were few seams lol!

The skirt was draped also.Its a lightweight slightly crinkled cotton. I added the sheer cut outs down the left side for some detail to an otherwise pretty boring skirt. I got the ideal from a Threads magazine.
The skirt has an elastic waist band put on with the serger, turned under and blindstitched so you can't tell the elastic is there at all. The front of the top shows alittle of the stomach... but I wanted the back to show alot! Kinda like... its a little sexy without being out there sexy!!!
From the left shoulder there are 3 long bias strips of chiffon hanging.

I wore this dancing last Saturday and it moved beautifully! I seriously have like $8 dollars in this whole outfit. The fabrics were clearances at Jo anns last year, bought when they had the 50% off all clearance fabrics! Love it when that happens!
My crochet socks are done!... My Bald Mans blazer is done (pics soon!!!!!!!!)
My panama fabric draping project... also done!!!!
All the work for other people I had to do (costume, dress, prom accessories) ALL DONE!
This week is all about my garden, 'me' sewing.... and trying to figure out what to make my mom for mothers day!
I worked planning my garden and in my garden all day today... then I baked an apple pie and cut out 2 shirts.
I'm super excited about my garden this year!!!!!! I have 3 different varieties of heirloom tomatoes I'm going to try and some gourmet purple and orange peppers!!!!
My mint garden has came back strong from last years planting! Even my chocolate mint herb!!! Which I was worried wouldn't.
My lavender is beautiful this year too! I love lavender, lemon verbena and lemon balm! Such wonderful smells....
Sorry to go on about my garden .. I can't help it!!! Its makes me happy....
If only I had some chickens like my mom does now.... maybe if I just had 3 chickens... the neighbors wouldn't notice!!! Ya think???????
I would also like some goats... maybe 2 or 4.... I'm pretty sure the neighbors would notice them though!lol!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...