Skip to main content

Lovely Chanel...I can never afford you.. but



I can knock you off sometimes! Well...
Not exactly knock you off... but close!
I love this outfit... Its really not as short as it looks in this pic but with my arm propped up on the rail.. makes it look shorter. (also makes me think I should wear some fake tan with this outfit!lol!!!!)
This 'circle' top was simple to drape just by looking at the picture. Simple to sew together by hand and the hem was done with a 2 thread hem on my serger.
The pants are from a BWOF pattern but I added the same Chanel detailing of piping around the waist and at the bottom of the wide leg pants... which makes them flare out so nicely!
Didn't get a great of a pic of the pants but I like them alot!
This was a wearable muslin...and I would like to make another one... in better colors...
This was just one of the many projects I worked on last week!
I also did a ton of 'refashion' projects! Which I need pics of.... And working on a costume for someone...
I'm so behind on my blogging... there's so much I want to show!
I need more hours in the day.... but don't we all! lol!!!
I also have a pattern prepped and ready to cut out... The Bald Man's dress slacks... I'm terrified of them!!!!!! But he needs a suit... bad! And I would hate to think what it would cost to have one custom made for him... because they don't make off the rack suits to fit my man! Since I know I can make a blazer.... I have to face the slacks!!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...