Skip to main content

What I'm working on & what I finished!

This top is actually done now and I love it! S3690 is a great pattern! Since it has princess seams the FBA was a breeze and it fits perfect! Which is very hard for me to accomplish with a woven top. I have a feeling princess seams are my new best friend.
I took a pic of the little tucks on the shirt... cute detail and not over whelming on my top heavy body!

I am now making the shorts, and I have the short vest cut out and the pants! I'm basically making this whole pattern... except the longer vest.
Getting my moneys worth on this pattern!


In the crochet world I'm working on this cover up top that was in this months Crochet! magazine. I have the front top half done!




And this wrap which was from yet another magazine from Sheila at Sheilazcrochetz. I have put those magazines to work! lol!
I need 38 of these and so far I have 18!






Another cross necklace I made... easy... remove some links on the chain.. add the crystal beads.. add cross!










FINISHED!
This super easy shrug! Made completely from DC's. I made this in just 2 days!



And also finished this top... its S3634. I have made this top 5 times now... with and with out the crowl neckline... short and long sleeves. Great fitting basic knit top!



In conclusion.... I've been staying busy! And loving every minute of it!

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...