Skip to main content

Pic Heavy New Years Eve in Atlanta!

Happy New Years everyone! My first post in 2009! Another fabulous year.... though the economy has been rough we still feel incredibly blessed and thankful to God!

Here I am below in my New Years ensemble.
The bustier is Burda 7982 View C... and I can't remember the pattern I used for the jacket... and I'm not home to go check. Sorry.
But anyways... my fabric creation turned out cute didn't it?? Its really cool to not only wear a jacket I made, but to have created/designed the fabric also!!! And it was fun!
Here's a better shot of the bustier.. I added the criss cross straps. I love this pattern and want more of these! The silver embroidered lace butterflies I made are a cute touch, I think. With the help of the class I took and the Bridal Couture book it turned out better than any one I've ever bought... and more comfortable!
Toasting in the New Year at Ibiza in Atlanta!!!

Here's our friends who celebrated with us... Sonja and Chris! We had a blast with these two!


Ibiza not only had a DJ playing arabic, latin and hip hop music... with a good dance floor. They also had belly dancers. I was surprised to see Aziza here below because I danced with her years ago at a restaurant called Casbah!



Just look at these party animals!!!! And they say I'm the 'wild' one! ha!





I have a video of a fire dancer we saw there to but can't figure out how to upload it!
Great way to bring in the new year! We are now in Orlando for the week.... where its warm and sunny!!! Wonderful change from Knoxville and Atlanta freezing cold and rainy!
I have found one fabric store I will be checking out tomorrow... lets hope its a good one!

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...