Skip to main content

My B-Day Present from Mom!



Happy Birthday to me!... well my birthday was last Wed. but I just got my B-day present from my mom on Sunday.. which was a crochet book and this beautiful quilt you see pictured to the left here!!!!
The pic is a little dark but the colors are really bright and just lovely in person.
I have a great mom! Its really awesome to get a hand made gift like this!!! Thanks again Mom!
Below is a skirt Mom gave to me that she got from goodwill.... it was plain black... not anymore!
I embroidered these gorgeous peacock feathers on it.
The crochet project below is now complete. Its a simple shrug. I wanted to try something that required me to shape neck and arms.... It turned out good! I need a pic of the completed item!! It only took 2 days to crochet the whole shrug!!!
I also finished 2 much needed basic tops today! I am starting an outfit tomorrow thats going to take awhile and working on 2 crochet projects that are going to take alot longer than my previous crochet stuff. More on them later!

I couldn't resist putting this pic of Be'Be' on here.... she looks so little and cute curled up like this!

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...