Skip to main content

Goals for 09... and trying to blog!

I have been trying to post for 2 days now! For some reason I've not been able to upload pics....
which frustrates me alot because I have a couple of pics I really want to post and talk about!

Oh well... sewing and otherwise....here are some of my Goals for the 09 year:

1. Make a LBD using new and couture techniques
Its sad that I don't have a LBD as much as me n' Bald Man go out!

2. Make a Chanel jacket.
I have wanted a Chanel jacket for years... looked in vintage stores, checked ebay, etc. hopeing someday to find one some what close to affordable! Not going to happen. After seeing so many fellow bloggers make their own I am inspired to make my own! I have the couture Vogue pattern for the jacket and have gathered much info so I can tackle this project. I even went in Saks and checked them out up close and made notes... what fabulous detail goes into those beauties!

3. Make a travel Wardrobe!!!! This is a goal I am really excited about. I have a couple of books on the subject and magazines articles... I am completely sick of packing for a trip... its such a pain sometimes it makes me want to stay home! And now that most planes only allow 1 bag per person! this is something I really need to do. The plan is to make as many garments as I can reversible and ofcourse cordinating, day and night looks... kind of a reversible SWAP. Made with fabrics that don't wrinkle. I think this goal will take more planning than anything!

4. Make 1 item a month for The Bald Man My husband loves the clothes I make him so much! and he is in need of some new clothing... so I want to really make an effort to make him more stuff this year.

5. Learn to paint silk. I really love fabric painting and want to do more of it this year...I can already paint denim and t shirts well so this hopefully won't be to hard!

6. Learn to crochet!
hmmmm...... more on this later!!

7. Make 1 charity item each month I feel so fortunate I sew and have such nice machines to sew on I think it would be good to make blankets for Project Linus or items for Sew comfortable. They wouldn't take much time, esp, the blankets!

8. Make 1 BWOF a month. This is left over from last year!

9. Make bound button holes. Another left over.....Why am I scared of these??? I will need them for my Chanel jacket!

10. Study the Bible more.... very important and I don't need to tell you why!

Ofcourse my ongoing goal is... to always get better and always be thankful !

Also.... my spell check button isn't working either! So please overlook all spelling errors!!! I am a terrible speller!

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...