Skip to main content

BWOF Dress 106

Here's my dress!!! and here's my review on patternreview.com
I don't post to many reviews on PR but I thought since I changed some things on this dress someone might get so helpful ideals from it. Pattern description : From the magazine:A simple, slim jersey dress in dark boardroom blue will become a fashion focal-point thanks to witty sleeve flounces.

Pattern sizing: I made a 38, added an extra inch to the bust and took an inch off the waist

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes.

Were the instructions easy to follow? I didn't look at them...

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?Nothing to dislike at all!

Fabric Used: A poly/knit I bought in Panama City, Panama.The lace I used in the sleeve panel is a stretch lace from Jo ann's

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: I added darts at the waist back to give more shape to the dress.I used a different fabric for the sleeve panel and added a simple tie belt out of that same fabric.Also , The usual for me and BWOF... add an inch on the bust, take an inch off the waist.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?Yes and yes. This would be a good pattern if you've never sewn a BWOF.Give it a try!

Conclusion: This pattern has been made a few times and posted already but I wanted to show my version of it since I added some darts for shaping and because I used a different fabric in the sleeve panel above the flounce... here's a better pic of the sleeve



Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...