Skip to main content

Projects: Complete, UFO and in the works

With Christmas sewing all complete, except for a few details and small things... I can get back to ME sewing!!! I made this top Friday using this Simplicity pattern. I love this pattern and can say I have got my moneys worth with this one! I have made the long cardigan, the pants, the sleeveless shirt and this shirt 2 times...
I used this fabric I got from Philly last year which I also made a wrap skirt and a wrap top out of.
This is such a good fitting pattern for me .

I admit I have some UFO's... in waiting I have 3 purses, one vest and this....
it there any wonder why this is a UFO.... I've been working on it on and off for almost a year now.. its a completely hand beaded belt for a belly dance costume. The front of the belt is done and I'm starting the back belt now..... its beaded on an antique brocade.. I'm beading along the original pattern of the brocade. I'm thinking this will be a show stopper when it is done... I also used some huge swarvoski crystals on this beauty.
Hopefully.... I will have time to make this before New Years... but I doubt it.... I think this corduroy will be awesome made up in the long coat pictured here.... lined in red! This is from my mom's stash... Thanks Mom!!!



Here's a work in progress... also I have high hopes this will be done by New Years... but probably won't.... You see I have this beautiful light weight blue and black corduroy (another from Mom!)
I have cut the black corduroy on one inch strips and placed them 3 inches apart on the blue. Now I have to sew them down the middle of each strip... then I want to do a decorative silver cover stitch down the middle of each strip... then wash it and let the ends fringe. Then cut out and make up the cute bolero I have picked out !!! Yeah... its not going to be done by New Years... but its going to be so cool when I get it done! I actually saw fabric done like this in Nashville... it was $54 a yard!!!!!


This book below has a ton of ideals for the fiber artist who is looking for the challenge of combining textiles to make your own new fabrics.

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...