Skip to main content

Jacket done and my new Pfaff!

My New Years cropped jacket is done! Here is the back of it... my fabric turned out awesome! Beautiful light weight corduroy in blue, strips of light weight back corduroy sewn 3 inches apart and a cover stitch sewn down the middle with yli metallic cord..... I made my pants yesterday to go with the outfit. I have to try it all on to make sure it works out on my body like it does in my head!
Ok... The Pfaff 2170! My BIG present from my Bald Man! This lovely machine can do SO much.. its really overwhelming compared to my 2134.....
The possibilities are endless: 9 mm stitches, maxi stitches, antique embroidery stitches, several built in alphabets.... whew! and thats just the sewing machines part! The embroidery machine part has pfaff's awesome precise positioning , color screen, on screen customizing! and soooooo much more that it will take me months to learn to use all the bells and whistles on this baby!
I'm so up for the challenge!


Well.... only one more machine on my wish list to go.... The Blind Stitch machine.

Pictures of my New Years ensemble soon! I'm super excited about it!

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...