Skip to main content

Goals in Review

Looking back I made ALOT of stuff.... so we won't even talk about all that.
I had some goals last year... did I accomplish all of them? Lets see...

1. Make Jeans yes!!!!!! I made jeans... and then made some more. I have 7 pair of jeans in my closet made completely by me!

2. Learn to make a welt pocket. YES! I took a lesson on learning to do this and I did it.. and added them to a pair of capris I made.

3. Make a garment with bound button holes. no.... and I'm scared of bound button holes still...

4. Make a corset/bustier. YES! and barely made it in time!

5. Make a blazer. Technically yes... I made a blazer. Even if it was out of yoda fleece!

6. Make a mens button up shirt. Yes!!!!!! and it wasn't that hard...

7. Make a skirt or shirt cut on the bias. yes... but I hated it. I made it to small in the bust.

8. Make something by draping. hmmmm.... well, I did make a dress by draping it... and the fit was right on.... I just didn't like the style of it when it was done... so yes

9. Make something from BWOF every month. No... the year started off good.. but then I turned into a slacker.. so I'm adding this back to my goal list this year and if I don't do it then I'm going to stop my subscription..

10. Sew up half of my fabric before buying more. LOL! NO!!!! LOL!!!!

7 out of 10.... not bad! I can do better this year though!

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...