Skip to main content

Thrifty shopping & McCalls 5384

Just sharing a little bit of my awesome thrift store and used book store finds!!! I also got some pretty nice lining fabrics and a nice knit at the thrift store ! I think bargain shopping is so much fun! I like the "hunt" I guess... makes the finding good stuff extra sweet! Check out ALL these patterns I got!!
McCall's 5384 is great! It was super easy... went together like a dream... I did take ALOT off the waist though... it was way too big and I felt like I was in a tent before I took the inches off. I will be making this again.
Its great with the Burda pants I made a couple of week a ago.





I'm rocking my boots with this outfit... I love boots.... and coats.... these 2 things are the ONLY 2 things I like about winter!

I have actually made 2 more things this week... and they turned out really great and I want to post them so bad! But they are Christmas presents for 2 people that follow my blog... (Bald Man and my Mom)... so it'll have to wait!
*************************************************************************************
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I have to say I have a ton to be thankful for! God has blessed me and I thank Him for all of it! An awesome husband, great parents, a healthy son and niece, a brother that I get along with now... my skills, my health.... and SO much more.... Praise God!

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...