Skip to main content

So busy sewing!

Simplicity 4020! I love this pattern and this is the second time I've made this version of it. I used some of the fabric I bought down in Panama with this one. Last time I made it up in a lovely gunmetal grey stretch velvet.. for a holiday look. I wanted a more casual top this time. I did lengthen the sleeves bit and raise the shoulders so it wouldn't be as low cut.
This pattern is super quick to go together!



This is New Look 6321.
I made two sets of these PJ's just alike... one for me and one for someone I can't name just in case they should look on my blog! I appliqued the heart using Steam a Seam then put a decorative stitch all around it. These are great PJ's and so comfy! So even though The Bald Man thinks I look 12 in these and laughs when I put them on I still love them!!!





Are you ready to see the cutest purse ever???? I mean EVER!!! Check out Indygo Junction Sweater Bags. Made using old wool sweaters, felted and cut up into cute recycled purses!
I love this pattern.. I think the canteen version is so different... and ofcourse felted purses are a fav for me.



But what makes this the cutest bag ever! is that I did a punch needle of a cat thats peeking out of a pocket... so I adding a little pocket on the front of the canteen purse and put my punch needle cat peeking out....


Its just to cute!! Plus I love the mixed elements of the felted wool and the punchneedle embroidery! Yes! I suppose I am a dork for thinking this is so cute but I can't help it!


Here's the back of the purse....

I used a pre made handle, added my tag on the side and added a lining with pockets on each side. The pattern doesn't have a lining but it was easy to add...


I think I've got more complements on this purse than any other purse I've ever made... and I've only carried it twice since I made it!

Of course if you don't like cats... you might not think this is cute at all!

I need to find a dog punch needle!!

****************************************************************************

Other news in sewing...

I have made my Bald Man a button up shirt!!!!!! It was a challenge! But he loves it so its worth it!

And I still have another shirt and dress to post! AND I am working on my longest UFO again which has been in the works for like over 10 yrs! Not because I'm so lazy about it but because its been hard to find just the right "stuff" for it... and I've been ultra picking... more on that later to!

I have to get all this sewing for myself in because after Halloween I have to do some actual sewing 'work' for someone else... which I also love! Just in a different way!

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...