Skip to main content

All I'm working on and the Salsa dance dress in Action!

LONG POST!



What I worked on yesterday... lets see I'll start with this....
I am embroidering my Bald Man a shirt.... he's lost 25 lbs now (yay! Raw!) and alot of his clothes are not fitting!

This shirt was plain and I'm trying to make it Fab... so far he's loving it!
He needs nice, one of a kind stuff to wear too!















One of the many wonderful things about having an embroidery machine is while its working and doing its thing... you can be making other things... more things!!!

I love multi-tasking....

You can't really tell to the left but this is an outfit for Rach...
she wanted a wrap skirt and shirt out of the left over fabric from her costume... she didn't have enough for a shirt but I had this light wt. brown stretch in my stash... then coordinated the decorative stitch on top and bottom...
now she has an 'outfit'! I'll post a pic of her in it soon!








Also while the embroidery machine was busy I cut out my next "me" project.... now don't laugh!!

I'm making a raincoat... using this vintage patten from my grandmothers old pattern stash... I needed a pattern with a hood and thought this looked simple enough....

and what am I making the rain coat out of??? I'm using is this vinyl poodle fabric!!!

I don't know if this is going to work ... but I have 5 yrds of this stuff... I bought it pretty cheap...

And I need a rain coat for our up coming trip to Panama!!! Its the rainy season there...


FREE LACE

I don't mean this lace was free... I mean I made this lace using a technique called Free Lace and thats the name of the book too....

Isn't is lovely??? I made this during my breaks from making the Rhythm/Salsa Dress. Funny how I take sewing breaks to sew other things...

Anyways...It was a process!!! I should have taken pictures of all I had to do to get it to this stage.... maybe next time.

I want to make a long coat out of the free lace too!







Here I am... in my Free Lace short cape and a BWOF dress I made last year.... ready to go out and see Beautiful Melanie dance!!


DANCE PARTY
I have never been to a Ballroom dance party... these people went all out! Decorations, refreshments... and all kinds of dancing... we even saw some tango!! The Bald Man and I took Tango lessons about 2 yrs ago... we were terrible at it... and don't remember any of it!!!





To the left, here I am with one of the dance instructors who insisted I get up and try to dance... though I had no clue what I was doing.... I'm pretty sure I looked like a dork...

But it was fun... or should I say funny for the Bald Man to watch!!! lol!


I would really like to learn to dance like this... so after our Panama trip me and the Bald Man are signing up for lessons!










Now here's what we really wanted to see... Melanie doing her Rhythm dance...
and doing her dance in the dress I made her ofcourse!!!
She was awesome!!!!










I wish we could have gotten better pics!!
I can't believe she's not been dancing that long... ofcourse she does this like 5 or 6 days a week!!!
And some people just have "it" ya know!
She dances like a dream! So pretty and smooth!!






Absolutely gorgeous.... no I'm not just talking about the dress I made!! Lol!
She's the one that makes the dress look amazing.




Anyways... I'm so proud of Melanie for dancing so good!!! and so happy she hired me to make her dress!!

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...