Skip to main content

I'm here, Blog land!!!

Sooooo busy!!!!! In between trips, getting my son back into school, taking care of the Bald Man and sewing... but not sewing for me!!! (all sewing lately has been design/costuming work... beautiful pics coming soon!)
I haven't had much time to blog!!!

To the left is one last pic I want to post from the FL trip.... This view from outside our window, with a rainbow!!!
How beautiful!!!!
I know rainbows are a sign of God's promise but they always make me think... wow! there is so much beauty in this world!!!



The Atlanta trip was fun! As always!!!! Here I am at Gail K's... where else! I was on a mission for some hot orange fabric for a rhythm/salsa dance dress I have been hired to make.
I am very excited about this dress... new challenges! I am so up for it!!!!
I made the skirt for it today.... its gonna be hot hot hot!!!!

In other sewing/costuming news I finished a bellydance costume last week for the lovely Rach .

And I finished a handbag today for my swap with Lory !!!

No pics of these things yet... Bald Man has the camera!




Here is a pic of The Bald Man and me on top of the Georgia Terrace Hotel in ATL!

Up there with the smog! Yuk! but the view was nice!








I've also belly danced/worked at the restaurant a few times and have updated the partyatmirage.blogspot.com ... along with Sonja and Rach..

and updated my 'health' blog wheresmyhealth.blogspot.com
BTW.....
'Raw Update'
Since the "raw food" lifestyle change, 3 months ago, The Bald Man has lost 22 lbs!!!! And I've lost 7... without even dieting... just eating 80% to 90% raw!

See! I'm catching up!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...