Skip to main content

I've been sewing, I promise!!!!



I've been sewing! I really have!!! I just keep forgetting to have Bald Man take pictures....
last week I made 3 shirts and a pair of capris...this Monday I made another pair of capris!
To the right and left are the Burda capris I made last week!

The lovely black lace accents up top are really placed there because I had the iron to high and scorched my fabric!!

But I like the lace.. so it was a good mistake!

Today I made the Bald Man an awesome shirt! I can't wait for him to try it on!!!!



While running around the other day doing boring things I decided it'd be best if I treated myself with a trip to Jo anns to get some new patterns.... So here to the left is what I got. I got the New Look patterns because Sheila over at http://sheilazcrochetz.blogspot.com/ has been sewing up a storm and making some wonderful things with NL patterns! Wonderful things made quickly! Now thats what I'm talking about for summer sewing!

I got the cute Burda patterns because the capris I made were Burda Young fashion... and straight out of the envelope, no alterations needed... they fit! So I thought I would try my luck with a couple of other Burda Young patterns and see what happens...





And I scored some cheap sewing and herb gardening books at the local used books store!!! YAY!



Above are the capris I made Monday.... and Look!!!!! I made a welt pocket!!!!! I had a sewing lesson with local sewing sensation Judy Web and she showed me how to do one!!! No more avoiding patterns with welt pockets.. thanks to Judy!

I would love more lessons! But I've decided to wait til this fall since I'm about to be obsessed with the new garden Bald Man is having put in our back yard!







Inside of all my pants now have a strong ribbon on the waist bands and crotch curves... helps keep pants from getting saggy butt syndrome!

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...