Skip to main content

The Weekend... going out and hoops

We had a fabulous weekend... even though I am bruised up a bit! I'll get to that later...


First we started Friday night off with going out to dinner and then stopping by Mirage... It was nice to see our friends. I've not really been in the mood to go there since I got SO burnt out on dancing there... But... I wanted to see 2 things at Mirage! First... here on the right is Sonja doing her Bellydance/Hoop fusion number... It was SO cute!! I loved it! (I don't know why I can't make this pic bigger!!!)

Here below is me n' my Bald Man. I am wearing a pair of copied Jeans I made a couple of months ago...




Next thing I wanted to see at Mirage was a costume I made a few years ago that Sonja bought last week from me.
It looks great on her and I'm very happy to see it "dance on"!






Now lets talk hoops! I went to a hooping workshop Saturday and Sunday taught by the amazing Jewels !!! Make sure to check out her site and her videos.. she's an awesome hoop dancer! Her workshop was so fun, informative... and a workout!!!! Each day was two hours... hooping is a great workout!! But after 4 hours of hooping I am left very sore and a little bruised!!!!


Here's Sonja getting her 'hoopbliss' going...








Here's Kim... me and Kim had a little trouble getting our 'hoopbliss' going! lol!!
But we'll get there!!!
I can honestly say I have never had so much fun doing something that I am not good at!!!

Sewing!!!! I plan to finish up my shirt today!! I have to work tomorrow... but for the rest of the week I have a pair of jeans all cut out and ready to sew! They are copied from a pair of my RTW jeans. They have a very unique detail.... no waist band.. they have facings instead. I can't wait to start them! More later....

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...