Skip to main content

New Machine???? Should I???

Ok! I want the BabyLock Evolve serger... which to me is the 'king' of all sergers!!! I love my BabyLock Imagine serger. Its been so awesome!!! But it doesn't do ALL the extra stitches the Evolve does... When I took the class with Margaret Tully back in Feb. I got to sew on one. It looks pretty intimidating... its bigger that a regular serger and it has up to 8 threads! Talk about some decorative stitching!
It does that cool cover stitch that would look amazing on jeans... hmmmm.... and that Triple stitch.. also, would look hot on jeans and so much other stuff!. ... Yeah, I need this machine.

All About Sewing is where I have bought my Imagine... my Pfaff embroidery machine, Pfaff sewing machine and my Pfaff felting machine and its where I will be buying the Evolve....I guess you could say, I really like dealing with them!!! If you're in the Knoxville area you are crazy not to deal with this sewing shop!!! Top of the line machines, super friendly and they are SOOO helpful. These are the reasons I am not afraid to buy such a complicated looking machine!
Bald Man told me I could go ahead and do the deal!!! YAY!!!!
*************************************************************************************
My "hot kiss copy" jeans are done!! And they yeah... they rock! I'll be wearing them out tonight!!!
Today I have been working on Mom's Mother's Day present. I would like to post a pic of what I have done so far but she checks my blog and it'll ruin the surprise!! Its very... different.... and I know she doesn't have anything like it! and ofcourse its made by me!
Everyone knows handmade presents are the best.
Unless, ofcourse, the Bald Man is buying me more and/or better sewing equipment... or plastic surgery. These things are not handmade but they are "top presents" in my book!!
**I'm just saying!!!! Right Bald Man???** ;)
Here to the right are my poor poodle babies after a stressful day at the groomers. I had to get them shaved. I am terrible at remembering to brush them so after awhile they start getting 'dreads'
Oh well... its summer now and all that hair was making them pretty miserable when we go outside.... they're still cute!!! They're just extra tiny looking without their long hair!

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

A Little Break... Back to Work!!!

My Bald Man and I took a little trip on the holiday weekend to Tellico Plains.. now growing up in Athens, TN I have been to the falls and river up there often.. but Bald Man, after living in TN for over 20 yrs had never been!!! Ofcourse we had to take Pac, he loves a good road trip! This is at the overlook going up to Indian Boundary Lake ... Down by Tellico river... Bald Man just had to 'test' the water and see how cold it was... yeah.. its pretty cold,,, mountain rivers typically are. Bald River Falls.... I am the first to admit we do not take advantage of living so close to such a beautiful area... many beautiful natural areas are so close to us ! I mean, in K town... we are so close to the Smokies,,, not far from lots of North Carolina mountain lakes.... we really should get out more and explore close to home. I used to enjoy hiking a bit... but after almost stepping right on a huge copper head up in Coker Creek I stopped... that was 16 yrs ago. I think it may be time to...