Skip to main content

Its all in the Details!


These are my Hot Kiss rtw jeans... I copied a pattern from them last week. I really like these and have wanted more jeans without a waist band like this but haven't been able to find any...
so I'll make my own... ahhh!
The joys of copying RTW!





I started work on them this morning and this is what I have done so far.... Aren't the pockets cute??? I got the ideal for doing the pockets like this from a pair of Japanese jeans that were for sale on ebay... (the buy it now price was $49,000 for those jeans!!! Crazy!!!!)

I still have to do the rivets.



For a design change I double top stitched down each side seam instead of the inseam. I also put the coin pocket on the left instead of the right.
Thats the beautiful thing about making jeans... there are so many design changes you can make very easily to give them a unique designer look.



I haven't put my jeans button on yet either... Check the Allen B's on the right...
I am going to do it like this...with a loop closure...
different and cute!
The back pockets will be a medium spade shape pocket. I also plan to put a flap over the top of the pocket. Because we all know a flap on top of your jeans back pockets will make the booty look higher and more shapely!
The flap will be made from the stripe fabric I used on the front pockets and will have jean buttons on them.
For some reason I don't get in a hurry to make jeans like I do tops, purses or anything else! I really enjoy the process of creating the jeans.... picking out the details.... design changes.
Hopefully I'll finish these up tomorrow... then I can decide if I will distress them any, put embroidery on them or maybe use felted embellishments ... oh! the possibilities!
****************Also from the sewing room****************
The vintage Retro shirt is done! Pics will be posted soon!
I also have to take up the Bald Mans shirt! And add stuff to the costumes Rachel bought from me last week.... I know I should have done these things first... but the jeans were calling to me!!!
*come make me fabulous Angie.. you know you don't have any jeans to wear this weekend!!!!*
Now how could I resist? lol!

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...