Skip to main content

Felted Purse and so much more!

Felted Purse! This is a self drafted purse made from a cute purple Goodwill sweater I felted and lavender leopard print for the lining and handle. Now whats really 'special' about this is the fold over flap.... its a vintage brocade that I felted wool roving into, following the designs on the fabric.... and it took forever!

I love the hardware I found for it! On clearance at Wal Mart!!!



The inside lavender leopard print... with a zipper pocket, a cell phone pocket... and an extra non zip pocket. I interfaced it lightly since the felted sweater was already very stiff....I'm not quite done with this purse though... I feel like it needs more hardware or something... and ofcourse I need to add my label to it.
Over all I'm really happy with this bag!





This little bolero is a felted cashmere/wool blend. I am taking the left over brocade scraps and felting them into it.... I am not sure where this project is going honestly... I just knew I wanted to do something with those brocade scraps that took so long to felt.


I got this book in the mail this week and so far I am loving it! It has great chapters on pants! Very detailed instructions for knocking off rtw. Some couture methods made easy... easy alterations. I got it used off amazon.com for like $4 and shipping. Well worth it!! This is the best book I've bought in a while.




Just a little pic of my Bald Man before he goes off to coach his Lacrosse game... which was rained out!!! Poor Bald Man he so wanted to coach last night!

Thanks again to Faye at http://fayessewingadventure.blogspot.com/ for passing this award on to me!!!
I would like to pass it to my mom at http://cottonpatchquilts.blogspot.com/
for her excellent projects!
And to Laura at http://sewatsea.blogspot.com/ for her great handbag and dress projects and for her hilarious daily life stories!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...