Skip to main content

The Denim Dress... next jeans project...

This is BWOF dress from 5/03 (I can't remember the pattern # now!)
It was meant to be lose and kinda shapeless... I cut it down alot in the waist. I used a longer zipper and just made it so it unzips off. Its made from stretch denim so its very comfortable!
I made the lace with my embroidery machine... using Dakota's new lace cd. For the straps I made long belt carriers.
As I've said before I don't make dresses often, because I don't wear them often. I wore this last night to the hockey game and was amazed at how comfortable I felt in it.... maybe it was the casual feel of the denim that made me feel so 'at home' in this dress.... And the fact that I knew if the wind blew this dress couldn't blow up! That's something I always worry about when I wear a dress!! And! I felt like it looked really good because even before we walked in the coliseum a nice lady told me how cute I looked!

So in conclusion: I will make and wear denim dresses out of the denim I have that's not good enough for jeans... and I'll like it!




The Jeans Process......................................................................

This is whats left of 2 pair of Goodwill jeans..........


Here's the front of the new jeans. Fly in! This jean pattern is from my old XOXO's. I am changing the pockets from the traditional pockets to these little 'pouch' pockets I see on lots of cute RTW jeans.
I have several pair of jeans with this type of pocket and I really like the look. I also like the 'non bulk' factor of these.







The back of jeans.... these are the original pockets from one of the cut up pair that I embroidered using a Jenny Haskins design that came with one of her magazines.
All will be put together hopefully by the weekend sometime... Bald Man is off work today so I probably won't get much sewing done today!



My old jean stash.... its growing as fast as my fabric stash!!!
And we won't even talk about my growing old sweater stash for felting!





Look at my babies...... now that's its warm they can enjoy the day on the deck barking at squirrels. The squirrels have discovered that the poodles can't get off the deck, so they hang out in front of it and drive them crazy!


Be'Be' (weighing in at 5lbs) and 2 Pac (weighing in at 4lbs)
Watch out for....Killer toy poodles!

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...