Skip to main content

Coyote Ugly Belly Dancing!

Saturday night I worked at Mirage... it started off slow then really picked up as up can see in the pic above... the cute little Arabic dude is getting ready to do one of his many "money showers"!
I really love it when they do that!



After I had got done dancing me n' The Bald Man were hanging out at the bar enjoying a glass of wine and a hookah.
There had been a Arab-American dinner event in town that night and a couple of the band members had come in the restaurant with some of my favorite local Arabic customers...
They came over to the bar and asked me if I would put my costume back on and dance for them.... I really didn't want to... but these guys are very good costumers... and very good tippers!!! I gave him my price... he handed over the cash... so by 2am I was in costume and dancing for the locals and the guys from Detroit!


The guys (and the girl!) decided I should dance on the table... I protest,,, not because I'm uptight about it... I don't care to.... there are many restaurants where the bellydancers always get up and dance on the table , like Taverna Planka in ATL... but their tables are made for people to dance on top of! These are not!!!






So... this is about 3am... they're clapping, trying to get me up on this table!
And they have been tipping me very, very generously... on top of what he paid up front... which wasn't a real low price....
One of the Arabic dudes jumps up on the table and shows me its ok... it won't break.... the girl with them, who always so sweet, holds the table for me...



And yep! here I am on the table... feeling like I'm at a Turkish or Greek restaurant instead of Arabic!!!
And kinda feeling all Coyote Ugly... but in a better outfit....
hahaha! I was up there maybe a minute! I see the Bald Man laughing at me!
The Arabic dude helps me down... they are happy.... and they tip some more....
3:30.... last dance!!! I am done for the night.
All day Sunday I am beat! I haven't danced that much since I worked at the posh Imperial Fez in Atlanta... when I was like 25!

Thanks to Coyote Ugly Belly Dancing and these party time Arabic people I have earned quite enough spending money for the Atlanta Sewing Expo trip me and my mom are leaving for on Wed! So the Bald Man is VERY happy... his credit cards are safe for this trip!

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...