Skip to main content

BWOF 3/08 Top 107 and some kitty dolls!

I LOVE this top!!! I can't even tell you how easy this was. Seriously if you've never tried BWOF this is the month to get the magazine. Several easy tops in this one. This top was only 2 pattern pieces. I made my usual size 38 and taper off to 36 in the waist area. I had to take up the shoulder seams about 3/4, it was very low! And thats the only adjustment I made. I used a decorative seam finish with my serger instead of binding. I used a YLI black metallic ribbon thread to give a little sparkle on the edges. Fabic I used , a solid black slinky from Wal Mart $2 a yard, which is actually a pretty good fabric coming from wal mart. The sheer slinky with the chiffon tie dyed pieces attached I got in Philly on Fabric Row for $14 a yd (I think!)
I will make more of these tops!!!


Here are the Kitty dolls I was working on Tues.
They're called The Mousers.
They need a few more touches and they're all done! I gotta make more little mice for their pockets!! The black one up front is the only one all the way done... aren't they adorable??

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...