Skip to main content

2 old pair of jeans = 1 fabulous New Pair!

Well, here they are.... 4 days ago this was 2 pair of My Bald Mans old jeans... a pair of CK and a pair of Lee. Now they are 1 custom, fabulous pair of jeans for me!
I used my copied MUDD jeans pattern for these. Its amazing the difference in using good denim!!! The fit is so much better, they feel better... ofcourse the old jeans used were already broken in! I'm extremely happy with the fit!!!

And I like the little felted sweater tulips and yarn... I still haven't went to Jo anns to get more rivets!!! or to a hard ware store to get some sand paper.
Ofcourse the rivets will add to the traditional "jean look"
I think they need more of a distressed feel... Bald Mans old jeans were in perfect shape and I want them to look more 'used'


The fit, the fit, the fit!!!! It drives me crazy!! I have made this Copied RTW Mudd jean pattern 2 other times.. and the fit was very good.. but the cheap denim I had... which is ALL I can find... stretched a bit and didn't 'hug' me like good denim is supposed to. On top of that after wearing the cheap denim for about 2 or 3 hours it gets really saggy looking. Who wants a saggy bottom... YUK!








Fit in the back... good also!!!
I love the little tulip coming out of the back pocket.. and the old placement of where the pockets were showing around the newly placed, smaller pockets.
I still have to add my RD leather tag on the back to!
















I can't wait to start another pair!!

But first I need to work on a few dolls... and maybe a shirt to go with these jeans!

And the Bald Man is wanting a new shirt to... he's stopped hinting about it and is now asking... he also wants a pair of jeans...
I'm scared to make mens pants!!!!







Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...