Skip to main content

RTW Copy...Ready to rock!!!

Yup! They are all done... and I couldn't be more pleased with the fit.... Copying RTW may be the smartest sewing thing I've done... that and learning to make my own Bellydance Costumes.... I mean crazy belly dance costumes start at around $150 for the plain boring ones and for the Unique, non "cookie cutter" ones they go to the thousands! yuk! I personally perfer a vacation to a costume... I know this comes as a shock to anyone who doesn't belly dance.. it also comes as a shock to people who start to bellydance!!!

I needed to learn to make jeans... I live my life in them! Jeans and knit shirts! And good designer jeans cost alot... but now I can just do this.....
yay!!!!

Since the original jeans were a non stretch woven and these are a stretch they could be a little tighter... and now if only I could find some higher quality denim!!! This denim is from Joanns and I can already tell by the end of the day my jeans are going to be stretched and loose... ofcourse they'll probably shrink back up after I wash them but still!
I have some RTW jeans that do this and it drives me crazy... cause at the end of the day they fit all loose, so you feel all good about yourself,,, then you wash them..... they shrink up, you put them on.. doing the wriggle dance to get them up over the hips, thinking "wow, I need to lose some weight! what did I eat yesterday!!!" Awwwww!
Maybe I'm the only one...
Anyways... on with the search for high quality denim! And some better looking rivits and jean buttons... these from Joanns... also, just not doing it for me.
And I'm already thinking about what I'm going to copy next... but I've been bad today and not done any sewing work so that has to be what I do next... or else I'll have a very angry bellydancer after me wanting her costume!

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...