Skip to main content

New 'jeans' and a new purse... and a hookah

I did it!!! I copied my RTW good fitting Mud jeans that were falling apart to make the good fitting pair to the left you see!!! Thank You Laura from http://laurasewingroom.blogspot.com/ for giving me the link that helped me do this... here is the link for the copying
Copy/Rub off RTW
This was a little time consuming to do but worth it!!! Because they fit! No muslin to make, no alterations... unless theres something you want to change about the rtw...
So really it was no more time consuming than using a pattern you have to alter...

I plan to use this copy method on some other favorite jeans as well as some tops and blouses I love. I may even try copying a favorite jacket! This is an awesome technique..






I also made a new purse/tote this weekend... using the "machine" to embroidery this cute flapper girl.. her dress is cut to be all fringy!! This NL pattern never stops producing great purses for me!



I made the bias binding to match the inside... then added a cell phone pocket and a larger pocket for lipstick and stuff... I used a very stiff thick fleece interfacing because its a larger bag and I didn't want any 'flop' to it at all!





And I brought home a hookah from the restaurant Friday... and some watermelon tobacco... yum... all that desert with no calories!
Which I should have smoked this thing last night instead of eating all those "trail mix brownies" I made.... after the Bald Mans amazing dinner of Baked Breaded Scallops and seasoned corn on the cob! This 7 lbs thats been attached to me the last 3 months isn't going anywhere with me eating like this!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...