Skip to main content

The Bombshell Costume


Bald Man got up to go to his Lacrosse event in Nasville this morning while I slept till like 10am! Poor Bald Man hates to get up early, but he loves his Lacrosse and wants to be a better coach... so off he goes. He should be home just in time to go with me to Mirage tonight.
So yesterday I worked on my Vogue Coat and had planned to work on it today but this is what happened.... I got completely side tracked. I had this ideal for a new costume,,, and I'm always wanting new costumes since I work almost every weekend now. I mean the Mirage has a lot of regular customers they get tired of seeing me in the same costumes.... okay, I get tired of seeing me in the same costume.
Anyways I had some great fabric left over from 2 shirt projects with Marilyn Monroe on it.
And back last summer my darling Bald Man took me to ATL and I got this fabulous sequined , with sequined fringe brown mesh fabric... and here we go.
I got the ideal to use the Marilyn fabric because the famous costume designer Sahar uses Marilyn fabric on some of her couture costume (try about $1000 or so)
I made this for ALOT less!
Hopefully I'll get a good pic of it in action tonight!

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...