Skip to main content

Work in progress Wednesday: Tunisian and so much more

I've got so many projects going right now it's kinda crazy!

Besides trying to remake the dining room into a fiber studio I'm turning a corner of the living room into a sewing nook.

Everything is a mess!

I'm in the process of making a Tunisian ribbed hat, entrelac cowl, a cute boho hobo bag and the Tunisian scarf CAL I talked about yesterday. 
I want to work on them all at once!! 

Little shorn angora goat๐Ÿ˜ 
At least fall shearing is off the to do list!

I'm really loving tweed yarns and the fur pompoms that are all the rage right now and looking for ways to incorporate them into what I'm making.

Planning Christmas presents I want to make is high on list! Although custom orders need to be completed first.
I've got some great presents planned though!! Specialty candies, unique canned goods, of course some handmade knit and crochet items. Handmade Soaps usually end up in people's bag of goodies too ๐Ÿ˜Š

I'm also in the process of writing my first crochet pattern!

I know fall is a time for winding down for most people. For a fiber farmer/soap maker/fiber artist the time right before the holidays seem to be most hectic! 

So it seems everything is a wip to me today!!

That's ok,, I'm never bored this way!
And always thankful for the opportunity to be able to do all these things. 

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...