Skip to main content

ITS OURS!!!!!!!! and other goodies....

The Bald Man and me... out on the town doing a little celebrating! Nights out in Knoxville will be fewer and farther between... and I'll tell you why in a second... First.... I've been crocheting my little hands to the bone.. but with most of the things I've been crocheting are gifts I can't show till after Christmas... But heres a couple of doilies I've done for myself in between presents...
A pineapple doily... I love doilies, they look so elegant and old fashion...

I've been sewing some... again just gifts that can't be shown yet....
But in the kitchen today I roasted a big 'Cinderella' pie pumpkin and made this Pumpkin Chutney... turned out yummy!!! I used a recipe found on Putting up with the Turnbills blog.. you can find their site on the side bar of links I have.


And Pumpkin pie!!! I love real homemade pumpkin pie!!!! And I have so much pumpkin puree leftover I can foresee pumpkin breads, muffins and cookies,, maybe a soup in the next week!



NOW!!! For the BIG NEWS!!! ITS OURS! The land we've been after for months ....
Which will be home to our huge gardens, chickens, goats, ducks... etc!

Its 25 acres in McMinn county (where I'm originally from) this land has everything we were looking for... a creek, woods and pasture... and lots of "extras"...some hills and some flat... there is a double wide on the property now that after we fix it up we will live in until we sell our Knoxville house, then build our little farm house!!


The creek has 2 springs feeding it... heres one of them... just coming right out of the hillside...







The creek is year around which makes it perfect for building ponds that will grow lots of yummy catfish, bluegill and bass!







Future pasture for some of the animals we will have! And a future site for a barn and chicken coop






It has a very nice workshop with electric.... perfect for my workout equipment until we can build a house







This whole area will be a vegetable garden...




Blueberry bushes, gooseberries, blackberries.... plenty of room...








The creek runs through a natural gorge which will make building a very large pond easier.







Its really has everything we were looking for!!! The doublewide is a bonus! and will be great temporary living space until we sell the knox house... which we know in this economy could be awhile... meanwhile... we'll be having barns and fencing built! There's even room for a little fruit orchard! Can't wait to set that up!
We looked at over 30 properties... some raw land that we would have had to spend money on running electric and doing septic systems, digging wells, making driveways.. money that can be used for building up the farm... not with this property... all done...
we also looked at lots of property that had 80 and 100 year old homes that would have had to be gutted! Which would have put us in a bind because remodeling costs a ton and we maybe would have never got the house "right" like so many I've known with fixer uppers....
But like I said... its everything we needed... everything we were looking for. We were so blessed to find the right one that would meet all our needs for building our future farm.
And for a price that was lower than we ever dreamed we would get land for... esp land with so many extras... so so so blessed!!!!
My Bald Man is doing a blog about our "journey" check it out... he's such a funny guy!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Lots of new stuff!!

I LOVE this bag.... Its another Ellen Medlock pattern. Its called the Karma Bag! My mom and I both took a class at the sewing expo 2 yrs ago and made one... but I didn't like the fabric they gave us so I gave it away.... and after 2 yrs I finally get around to making another one... In fabric I do like! This is vintage fabric from the attic of my great aunt in Nashville.... Mildred. The inside is lined with some adorable Scottie dog fabric I bought at Jo anns .... left over scraps from a wrap I made my mom for Christmas one year. The EXTRA awesome thing about this bag is its exchangeable because of the way the hardware is made.... just twist off two of the little tips... slide this purse off another on... twist caps on and you're off with a different bag! Now I gotta make some different bags to go with this! Which should help my ailing purse wardrobe.... cause I really love this bag! My B-day was last month (big 36!) and this is what mom gave me.... An adorable and much ne

Just alittle hoop action

I think I'm getting better! hmmmm... I've got enough bruises from the hoop I should be better! I still can't hoop on my chest for long... and there's a good reason for that! lol!!!

New Donkey milk soap!

A new soap coming soon! This is Rosemary Lavender Donkey milk soap! Made with therapeutic essential oils, and premium ingredients like grape seed and sunflower oil! Purifying Clay and minerals give added benefits and pretty colors! I’ve been making homemade soap for several years now. I’ve always used the cold process method but after much research decided to try the hot process method. Mostly because with it I don’t add my milk until the end after the soap is cooling, the ph is balanced and the chemical lye is gone. Leaving behind correct ph pure soap.. which I then add my precious and highly skin beneficial donkey milk too. Looking forward to trying it and seeing it there is a significant difference!!  On the crochet front.. I’m pretty much crocheting everyday again now that I’ve decluttered all that fiber!!  So now I’m trying to get a handle on my supplies and organize.  I love being organized!! I’m not one of those people who can stash yarn in plastic tubs or under the bed! I’ll fo