Skip to main content

As my Wardrobe Grows....

I love clothes.... they are so much fun to make and even more fun to wear! This is a long post! Lots of 'me' pics... since the clothes are for me!
The first outfit is one I actually made in April and I'm just now showing!!! It took MUCH planning!!! I wanted an outfit that would really go from day to night! I spent at lest a week playing with a color palette, the fabric textures... then the details... and how to simply re-work the patterns so they would work for my outfit ideals.
First I made the reversible bolero made with S2659, leaving the collar off... I used some fabric that was a gift from my mothers best friend Gloria, a pinstripe navy... I designed this on the back of the casual side of the jacket and used my Sashiko Machine to sew out the design and top stitched with it all around. The dress is S6242. I had to made major adjustments to the top so it wouldn't be to low and I used the Sashiko machine to make criss cross designs all over the bodice.
I only used the front and back panels for the dress bottom and left out the elastic... no elastic waistbands! .. they look frumpy on me. The bottom fabric was some I bought at Goodwill.
Here is the jacket reversed for a "dressy" look. I used a real Chinese brocade (yep, straight from China) that was a gift to my mother...from my brothers inlaws.... who later gave it to me.
AND to make even dressier... the lower tear of the dress snaps off.. making it more of a cocktail length.


See why this took so much planning and time!!!

Below....Two weeks ago I did the cut out embroidery on the H&M $6 tank top neckline!!! I am quite proud of it!! It was the first time I ever did cut work embroidery!!
I think making this $6 bargain top look pretty good! and bit more than $6!




I paired it with a skirt and bolero I knocked off from Chanel.

The dress below was made last week.... its Burda 7970 I've made it before but just the top version. Fabric was from Gail K's. Easy to make... took an afternoon. I like the little cut out cleavage... sexy but not to much!


I guess you can tell I'm really happy with it too.... I'm also really happy with the navy studded platforms I got at DSW in ATL ... Original price $280... I paid $60!


And here is a top I made last week also, useing Kwik Sew 3016. I've made it before also. Super easy... less than an hour! I used some leftover fabric from my 'cutout' dress... just have enough for this little halter!! and ofcourse the nude lining!!!


My wardrobe is slowly being build back from the ruthless closet cleaning I did a few months ago... only this time its clothing that well thought out, in colors I know work on me, and styles I know I'll wear again and again!
Also, looking at these pics I really like my hair the color it is now... I should never be that dark again!!!!!
AND from the pics... looks like my fitness plan is working. whoo hoo!!
On fitness.....I have decided to not go on with weeks 5-8 of the Hers challenge... I decided my body needed a little more in the way of fat burning... since I really want my body fat % down... along with lean muscle growth....so.... I changed this 4 weeks to a 3 day total body circuit, also with 1 day core work, 1 day yoga and 4 days cardio. Gotta change it up or your body gets used to your workout and stops responding. Let me tell ya... my body is responding to this plan... hardcore.... I've been sore for 2 weeks... and I love it...
On the healthy diet front..... I have changed it up too.... below 130g. carbs (which was on the nutrition plan for the hers challenge ) does not work for me... I have to have around 150g. to keep feeling good.
And 180 gr. of protein was seriously making me gag and week 5-8 of the hers plan kicked it up to 200grams!!!! I've cut it back to 130 to 140grams a day...(which is what oxygen recommends... 1 gram of protein for every pound of body weight) I'm handling this ok....
I just really don't care for meat....and can't afford to eat fish and seafood everyday! I'm hoping this cut back won't keep me from gaining some muscle.
I ate so much the first 4 weeks of the plan... that this 4 weeks I'm having to make myself eat....
This month I've lost another half inch on my waist, inch on my hips, 2 inchs on my chest and half inch on my thighs.
At first I was shocked I had so much fat around my chest area... but I'm honestly glad to lose the inches... my bras are fitting so much better and my neck has stopped hurting! and its not like I'm going to get small chested... haha!
This week I made a baby pink camo top and I'm working on the Bald Man a new shirt... which he says is long over due... considering what an awesome husband he is and all.... and he is! In Atl last weekend I did hit Gail K's pretty hard... and he never blinked an eye... in fact while I was getting what I had cut he was still looking for more fabric for me!
Love that man!
You all have a blessed weekend!
Free Signature Generator

Popular posts from this blog

Lots of new stuff!!

I LOVE this bag.... Its another Ellen Medlock pattern. Its called the Karma Bag! My mom and I both took a class at the sewing expo 2 yrs ago and made one... but I didn't like the fabric they gave us so I gave it away.... and after 2 yrs I finally get around to making another one... In fabric I do like! This is vintage fabric from the attic of my great aunt in Nashville.... Mildred. The inside is lined with some adorable Scottie dog fabric I bought at Jo anns .... left over scraps from a wrap I made my mom for Christmas one year. The EXTRA awesome thing about this bag is its exchangeable because of the way the hardware is made.... just twist off two of the little tips... slide this purse off another on... twist caps on and you're off with a different bag! Now I gotta make some different bags to go with this! Which should help my ailing purse wardrobe.... cause I really love this bag! My B-day was last month (big 36!) and this is what mom gave me.... An adorable and much ne

Just alittle hoop action

I think I'm getting better! hmmmm... I've got enough bruises from the hoop I should be better! I still can't hoop on my chest for long... and there's a good reason for that! lol!!!

New Donkey milk soap!

A new soap coming soon! This is Rosemary Lavender Donkey milk soap! Made with therapeutic essential oils, and premium ingredients like grape seed and sunflower oil! Purifying Clay and minerals give added benefits and pretty colors! I’ve been making homemade soap for several years now. I’ve always used the cold process method but after much research decided to try the hot process method. Mostly because with it I don’t add my milk until the end after the soap is cooling, the ph is balanced and the chemical lye is gone. Leaving behind correct ph pure soap.. which I then add my precious and highly skin beneficial donkey milk too. Looking forward to trying it and seeing it there is a significant difference!!  On the crochet front.. I’m pretty much crocheting everyday again now that I’ve decluttered all that fiber!!  So now I’m trying to get a handle on my supplies and organize.  I love being organized!! I’m not one of those people who can stash yarn in plastic tubs or under the bed! I’ll fo