Skip to main content

New Camo Dress, Gardening, Embroidery, Sashiko & Quilting!!

Whew, we've been busy! Between trying to get my son finished with his home schooling for the year, our little backyard garden project (which I admit The Bald Man has taken over!) going into work at our business twice a week and ofcourse working out like a crazy person... I have still found time to sew... a little...
Check out our back yard garden... its coming along!! I saw a tiny squash yesterday... And picked my first batch of lettuce from my deck garden...
Here's one of the embroidery projects I did a couple of weeks ago... I couldn't post them till now because they were part of my moms Mothers day present... coffee themed kitchen towels... cute!
I fancied them up after the embroidery with some lace...


This week I made some of my quilt... here's the fabrics up close... I love mermaids!


Its a very simple quilt project... its my first real quilt...a queen size!! I have all the squares sewn together... I have to find something for the borders... then it'll be off to mom's for the quilting part.. because she has a big long arm fancy quilt machine (a machine I don't have... yet... heehee!)



A wall hanging ! All stitching done with my babylock sashiko machine!



This dress was made a couple of weeks ago and I forgot to post it!!! It was supposed to be a shirt but it came out sooooo long I decided why waste all that fabric by cutting it off... I do love a mini dress... Its made from pattern M6034... I know I just made a camo dress with this same fabric... but it was different... I don't think I can have to many pink camo outfits anyways!!




See much different than the last one... its sleeveless and has pleats all down the sides ...



Also, this week I started another sashiko wall hanging, and made 2 purses... embroidered a camisole top (turned out so nice even with the mistakes I made) And I finally finished the animal print chiffon I was distressing on my felting machine!
More later!
God bless and have a great weekend!!!
Free Signature Generator

Popular posts from this blog

Lots of new stuff!!

I LOVE this bag.... Its another Ellen Medlock pattern. Its called the Karma Bag! My mom and I both took a class at the sewing expo 2 yrs ago and made one... but I didn't like the fabric they gave us so I gave it away.... and after 2 yrs I finally get around to making another one... In fabric I do like! This is vintage fabric from the attic of my great aunt in Nashville.... Mildred. The inside is lined with some adorable Scottie dog fabric I bought at Jo anns .... left over scraps from a wrap I made my mom for Christmas one year. The EXTRA awesome thing about this bag is its exchangeable because of the way the hardware is made.... just twist off two of the little tips... slide this purse off another on... twist caps on and you're off with a different bag! Now I gotta make some different bags to go with this! Which should help my ailing purse wardrobe.... cause I really love this bag! My B-day was last month (big 36!) and this is what mom gave me.... An adorable and much ne

Just alittle hoop action

I think I'm getting better! hmmmm... I've got enough bruises from the hoop I should be better! I still can't hoop on my chest for long... and there's a good reason for that! lol!!!

New Donkey milk soap!

A new soap coming soon! This is Rosemary Lavender Donkey milk soap! Made with therapeutic essential oils, and premium ingredients like grape seed and sunflower oil! Purifying Clay and minerals give added benefits and pretty colors! I’ve been making homemade soap for several years now. I’ve always used the cold process method but after much research decided to try the hot process method. Mostly because with it I don’t add my milk until the end after the soap is cooling, the ph is balanced and the chemical lye is gone. Leaving behind correct ph pure soap.. which I then add my precious and highly skin beneficial donkey milk too. Looking forward to trying it and seeing it there is a significant difference!!  On the crochet front.. I’m pretty much crocheting everyday again now that I’ve decluttered all that fiber!!  So now I’m trying to get a handle on my supplies and organize.  I love being organized!! I’m not one of those people who can stash yarn in plastic tubs or under the bed! I’ll fo