Skip to main content

Personal Style Wrap-up!

So after the ruthless closet cleaning... getting rid of styles I don't wear, don't fit right, are the wrong color, etc (yes it was painful since 90% of the clothes I have I made!!).... and going through shoes, accessories, make-up, purses I don't use (no pain no gain??)... I can put together an outfit I love in about 10 minutes.. head to toe... and do my make up in about 15min.
This is all very amazing to me.... I have a great look book that I will be adding to every month as my favorite fashion mags come out... which will help me continue my ever evolving style happenings and help me plan what to make, which patterns to use, update ways to put together things I've already made so they keep looking fresh!
It has also helped me really see what I need to add to my closet so much easier!
I also went through my patterns... got rid of a ton !!! and got rid of fabric thats in the wrong color choices for me.... (here I come ebay!)
This should help me so much in developing TNT patterns, wardrobe and outfit planning.

Below are some of my fav outfits I've made over the last couple of years.... I've looked through all my blog photos and its really crazy how many things I've made... made well... fit well... but just didn't like! So I keep wearing the same things I do like over and over while my closet was busting at the hinges!!! Insanity!

Below... The first, and so far only corset I've ever made... in a color I don't like to wear up top but the grey (a color I do like) cropped jacket makes it acceptable... Must make more corsets! I love them with jackets and pants/jeans. My favorite mini dress (more yes more of these!) and a flowy jersey dress I made by draping... knitted the belt... love this for a night dancing.. and don't mind the length on it because its done in rounded triangle pieces that move beautifully.



Cowl neck tops... I've made so many.. and I love them all! Luckily I made them in colors I love. Top and longskirt... which looks like a dress in this pic... and this turquoise jersey dress with the free lace caplet.... I will probably turn them both mini... esp... the turquoise dress.. I love it but I would wear it more if it was short. (I will never cut my hair short again or have it dyed blond WWIT!!!!!!!!!!!) (the blond was really Bald Man's fault!)






Love this 3 piece outfit just the way it is (love that my hair is getting long too!).... Love my maxi dress and the other maxi dresses I made last summer.... normally I would want a top more fitted in the waist but this off the shoulder top chiffon is a fav anyways.






And I love ALL the jeans I've made (need more) and the new button up (need many more!)
So I'm calling this project a wrap... I have learned alot about my style, what looks best color wise and better planning. I'm so happy I took the time to do this... I know it will save me tons of money and loads of time in the future.
Meanwhile... I made a blazer that fits!!!! (thank you cup size patterns!) and finished my embroidery coat project..I will post very soon about them.. this week I'm making the Bald Man a new shirt (even if he did encourage me to dye my hair that hideous blond color!)
God Bless you ALL! and have a great day!

Free Signature Generator

Popular posts from this blog

Lots of new stuff!!

I LOVE this bag.... Its another Ellen Medlock pattern. Its called the Karma Bag! My mom and I both took a class at the sewing expo 2 yrs ago and made one... but I didn't like the fabric they gave us so I gave it away.... and after 2 yrs I finally get around to making another one... In fabric I do like! This is vintage fabric from the attic of my great aunt in Nashville.... Mildred. The inside is lined with some adorable Scottie dog fabric I bought at Jo anns .... left over scraps from a wrap I made my mom for Christmas one year. The EXTRA awesome thing about this bag is its exchangeable because of the way the hardware is made.... just twist off two of the little tips... slide this purse off another on... twist caps on and you're off with a different bag! Now I gotta make some different bags to go with this! Which should help my ailing purse wardrobe.... cause I really love this bag! My B-day was last month (big 36!) and this is what mom gave me.... An adorable and much ne

Just alittle hoop action

I think I'm getting better! hmmmm... I've got enough bruises from the hoop I should be better! I still can't hoop on my chest for long... and there's a good reason for that! lol!!!

New Donkey milk soap!

A new soap coming soon! This is Rosemary Lavender Donkey milk soap! Made with therapeutic essential oils, and premium ingredients like grape seed and sunflower oil! Purifying Clay and minerals give added benefits and pretty colors! I’ve been making homemade soap for several years now. I’ve always used the cold process method but after much research decided to try the hot process method. Mostly because with it I don’t add my milk until the end after the soap is cooling, the ph is balanced and the chemical lye is gone. Leaving behind correct ph pure soap.. which I then add my precious and highly skin beneficial donkey milk too. Looking forward to trying it and seeing it there is a significant difference!!  On the crochet front.. I’m pretty much crocheting everyday again now that I’ve decluttered all that fiber!!  So now I’m trying to get a handle on my supplies and organize.  I love being organized!! I’m not one of those people who can stash yarn in plastic tubs or under the bed! I’ll fo