Skip to main content

Bald Mans Favorite Present... and tons of Crocheting

Ok... finally some pics uploaded!! So get ready... loooong post! LOL!!
Here is the jacket I made my husband for Christmas... its his favorite thing! Let me tell you a bit about it...... you see The Bald Man has lots of old t-shirts..... faded, torn, stained and he refused to throw them out!! Well,,,, I may crochet my man hobo gloves but I don't want him to dress like a hobo!!! So I promised him if he would give me his old t-shirts I would see that they lived on... maybe make a t-shirt quilt or something.... thats how I got the t's away from him.

Planning to make his "big" present this year... I really wanted to make him a trench coat... but there were no patterns big enough for my man... so I thought I'll make him another jean jacket... he loves the one from last year... only this year instead of disstressing it and using lite blue denim I'll keep it neat and use dark denim.
I used Kwik Sew's mens jean jacket pattern... the 2X is a perfect fit for him.
After cutting out all the pieces I started looking for embroidery for it.... the theme... Lacrosse... and then remembered I had all those old Navy Lacrosse t-shirts from back when he coached at a camp!!!!
I cut out the parts of the shirts I wanted to use.... stuck Steam a seam 2 to them, fused them on the jacket with the iron and used the same heavy top stitching thread to zig zag around them.


Added a few embroidery touches..... lacrosse sticks... "Coach Rico"!!


I used 2 t's he had given me and 4 different embroidery designs.




I had planned to make him sooooo much more... but this thing took 3 weeks!!!!
It was worth it and he adores it!! I'll never forget how happy he was and ALL the pics he took of it and sent to his lacrosse buddies!




Now..... My crochet projects..... I have been wearing out my crochet hooks! lol! This is the main reason I think I haven't been blogging as much... cause when I'm not cooking, sewing, cleaning... and I sit on the couch... instead of picking up my computer I usually pick up the hook and yarn!
Below.... I don't remember if I posted this project or not.....My crochet coat I made back in Oct. using chenille yarn and q hook, pattern from Big Hook Crochet.





I love the way it turned out... love the hood!!!



The buttons are vintage from one of my Great Grand Mothers ,,, Aren't they so pretty!




This yarn was all in a kit that my mother bought on sale for $10!!!!!! Valued well over $100! The kit was supposed to make a knit vest..... I made this beautiful shawls using a pattern from an old vintage 70's crochet book I won from ebay.







It really was easy to make and crocheted up fast!


My 'hobo' gloves! Made the gloves and a matching scarf one evening last month.



Currently I'm crocheting another sweater....also been crocheting doilies and place mats for the dinning room table.



And my son got his truck!!!! He's still 15 so I don't have to panic yet!
He bought it himself. And already palling ALL he wants to do to it!!!


Its just soooo weird that my son has a truck!!!! and he'll be driving..... by himself soon!!
Scary thought!
I'll be praying!!!!

In the sewing room I'm still working on the vest with the fabric below! Can't wait to finish it!

Free Signature Generator

Popular posts from this blog

Lots of new stuff!!

I LOVE this bag.... Its another Ellen Medlock pattern. Its called the Karma Bag! My mom and I both took a class at the sewing expo 2 yrs ago and made one... but I didn't like the fabric they gave us so I gave it away.... and after 2 yrs I finally get around to making another one... In fabric I do like! This is vintage fabric from the attic of my great aunt in Nashville.... Mildred. The inside is lined with some adorable Scottie dog fabric I bought at Jo anns .... left over scraps from a wrap I made my mom for Christmas one year. The EXTRA awesome thing about this bag is its exchangeable because of the way the hardware is made.... just twist off two of the little tips... slide this purse off another on... twist caps on and you're off with a different bag! Now I gotta make some different bags to go with this! Which should help my ailing purse wardrobe.... cause I really love this bag! My B-day was last month (big 36!) and this is what mom gave me.... An adorable and much ne

Just alittle hoop action

I think I'm getting better! hmmmm... I've got enough bruises from the hoop I should be better! I still can't hoop on my chest for long... and there's a good reason for that! lol!!!

New Donkey milk soap!

A new soap coming soon! This is Rosemary Lavender Donkey milk soap! Made with therapeutic essential oils, and premium ingredients like grape seed and sunflower oil! Purifying Clay and minerals give added benefits and pretty colors! I’ve been making homemade soap for several years now. I’ve always used the cold process method but after much research decided to try the hot process method. Mostly because with it I don’t add my milk until the end after the soap is cooling, the ph is balanced and the chemical lye is gone. Leaving behind correct ph pure soap.. which I then add my precious and highly skin beneficial donkey milk too. Looking forward to trying it and seeing it there is a significant difference!!  On the crochet front.. I’m pretty much crocheting everyday again now that I’ve decluttered all that fiber!!  So now I’m trying to get a handle on my supplies and organize.  I love being organized!! I’m not one of those people who can stash yarn in plastic tubs or under the bed! I’ll fo